~Gives out Health & Nutrition tips at DLF Place,Saket~
New Delhi, March 27, 2016: Last Sunday was the evening which the Delhi women will not forget, as they got to meet up and listen to astonishing food and nutrition tips from none other than the celebrity fitness expert & bestselling author – Rujuta Diwekar, who was in Delhi to launch her latest book in association with Westland- ‘The PCOD Thyroid Book’ on 27th March at DLF Place, Saket.
Celebrity Fitness Expert & Bestselling author Rujuta Diwekar, spoke at length around taking charge of one’s health and fitness rather than just blaming on the hormones. It was enlightening to hear that just by walking for 150 minutes a week; one can ensure that non communicative diseases are kept at bay: these are essentially lifestyle related health problems which increasingly Indians are succumbing to. Some other helpful tips which Rujuta shared were:
– Any kind of packaged food is unhealthy and is a reason for weight gain, thus one should look at eating home cooked, simple and fresh food whenever possible
– People who have a travelling job, should pay for their own food this way they would not over indulge and will be able to self-monitor the food that they would eat
– Exercise and start doing more physical activity work, which would help to burn calories
– Sitting is one of the biggest contributors for weight gain. She shared that increasingly Indians are hiring help for doing some of the basic household chores, this should be avoided and people should try to make a habit of doing some basic household chores themselves.
– Eat food which our grandparents used to eat, rather than adopting western eating habits.
The evening saw over 100 people attending the launch and many women came up on the stage and asked questions around health, weight gain, pregnancy weight gain, etc. and Rujuta was quick in responding to each and every query and gave out tips at the same time.
Rujuta Diwekar has trained many Bollywood celebrities like Kareena & Saif, Varun Dhawan, Karishma Kapoor, Richa Chadha& many more.