Do you dream of the past life when dinosaurs ruled our planet? Thanks to palaeontologists and others who seem to have made accidental discoveries and dinosaur fossils by discovering and studying about them for hundreds of years to humans of great interest. The team of in-house natural archeology and history experts have already studied about these fossils and shared their knowledge about them. Read on to know about 5 most impressive dinosaur fossils ever found and how you can buy dinosaur fossils in the UK.
- A Fossilised Fight – Being found in Mongolia in the year 1971, this Protoceratops and Velociraptor will be mid-fight forever. The Velociraptor is actually a carnivore that had been found with his claws being locked to his prey’s carotid artery. Though the Protoceratops is an herbivore, it usually wraps the biting jaw around the Velociraptor’s arm. It is believed that they had been fossilised by a falling land mass that covered and killed both of them while they were locked in a battle for their entire lives.
- The Largest Tyrannosaurus Rex Ever Found – Meet Sue is the biggest, complete and best preserved T-rex that had been discovered so far. She is actually 40.5 feet long and stands 13 feet tall when being measured at the hip. She was earlier discovered in South Dakota by Sue Hendrickson in the year 1990. Before the discovery of Sue, palaeontologists had discovered nearly 60% complete fossils of T-rexes only. On the other hand, 90% of Sue’s phenomenal fossil frame had been found that was an incredible advancement for knowing and studying this species.
- The Most Realistic Dinosaur Fossil – Several factors are there that can make this fossil remarkable. It is actually the fossil of a type of Nodosaur which had been found accidentally by Canadian miners in a marine environment where it is quite unnatural to find dinosaurs. But what is much more mesmerizing is that the fossil is a petrified body and not a skeleton only. This is quite rare in the palaeontology world as it is probable to find the scales and skin of dinosaur in an extraordinary way.
- Prehistoric Poo – Though the fossil might appear like other rocks, it is near about 65 million year old dinosaur dung. By taking into consideration sheer scale of the giants that had roamed the earth in the past, they ingested several pounds of food daily and all that waste might go somewhere, unless it had been discovered by humans millions of years thereafter. Karen Chin from the University of Colorado Museum has done specialization in fossilised faeces which is also known as coprolites.
- Sea Monster Having Babies – This is considered to be an extraordinary fossil where you will find the mother giving birth to her 3 children. Actually, she has already given birth to one child, the second is on its way out and the third is yet to be born. The mother was an Ichthyosaur and this species is popularly known as a monster of the sea that lived in the Mesozoic era from 252 to 66 million years ago. This sudden discovery has imposed great challenge on the past theory that sea creatures laid eggs though they are actually reptiles. So, the fossil suggests live-bearing of these young that might have taken place on land as a baffling exposure to science.
We feature dinosaur claws, teeth and other fossils in the weekly dinosaur Fossils for sale in the UK. You can find out more about the land that the present time has already forgotten. If you want to see a fossil, then it is quite possible to do so. Everyone can provide special items like fossils for an auction at Catawiki.