Papaya is a very nutrient rich fruit/vegetable and improves our health significantly. Besides an amazing taste, papaya promotes good health and has abundant health benefits. It is no wonder that papaya is referred to as the ‘fruit of the angels’ owing to the delicious sweet taste with butter-like consistency.
Below are some reasons why you should daily have papaya:
- Not just the taste, papaya is an excellent source of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C, flavonoids, vitamin B, folate, minerals, potassium, copper, magnesium and fibre. The fruit promotes good health and has abundant health benefits.
- Papaya is low in calories, high in vitamins and minerals, and is an excellent source of fibre. It revs metabolism, digests fats and assimilates carbohydrates in your body to help you lose weight.
- A good source of fibre, papaya, has been known to lower high cholesterol levels by preventing the oxidation of cholesterol. The presence of vitamins and antioxidants in it offers protection against health risks associated with high cholesterol such as heart diseases.
- Papaya helps to prevent or lessen PMS symptoms such as nausea, morning sickness and motion sickness. Eating two servings of the fruit in a day can greatly reduce the discomfort. Besides, papaya leaves work as cure for menstrual pain.
- Papaya is rich in antioxidants and contains rich supply of vitamins A, C, and E; these are nutrients needed for the proper functioning of the immune system.