Traveling around the world at once is often a cheaper option than breaking it down into segments. The secret is to plan carefully and purchase the ticket well in advance. Likewise, there are many options that you probably did not know about, but which will help you travel better.
1. Get paid for a flight delay. Many international flight have this policy, and one should always utilize these
2. Beat holiday traffic. When hitting the road on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving or the Friday before Christmas—among the busiest days of the year—planning down to the hour can make a difference
3. Earn more from airline tickets. Book a flight through an online travel agency, and you’ll get both miles from the airline and perks and rewards from the OTA’s own program
4. Most travelers are aware that connecting flights are the primary cause of mishandled bags, accounting for 45 percent of delays. Less well known: a smaller—though not insignificant—proportion of bags are deliberately pulled because of weight restrictions
5. Keep the battery of your phone charged, and also carry a power bank along