– A Hindi Play on the 6th day of the Festival
- Qadir Ali Baig Theater Foundation in collaboration with KARVY brings the A Celebration of World Class Theatre
- Festival is bought in association with Telangana Tourism, the Embassy of France, Ministry of Culture, Salar Jung Museum, and Government of Telangana.
- This Year’s Theme: ‘Biographies’.
- Fringe Section : ‘Bouquet’
Today the festival bought Simla Coffee House’ a Play in Hindi directed by Rakkesh Bedi. Rakkesh Bedi, S.M. Zaheer, Asif Shaikh and Nivedita Baunthyal acted in the play.
The Play was about hilarious encounter between a writer and his fan set in a coffee shop. In a small secluded joint somewhere on the foothills of Simla, a coffee house is managed by a waiter called Satish Kashyap. Anupchander comes to this place often to write his novels. He has been writing a series titled “Tere Chhall” which is extremely popular. Rahul Verma, an ardent fan of the writer, confronts him at the coffee house, as he does not agree with certain points in the series. The conversation starts at a very cordial note but later takes violent proportions. The waiter also intrudes during the conflict and becomes an integral part of the drama. The play has psycho-comic moments and tries to depict how society and literature are counter images of each other.
The festival was inaugurated on Friday the 7th November by Shri E.S.L. Narasimhan Honorable Governor of Telangana at Shilpakala Vedika.
The Inaugural Address was given by Mohammad Ali Baig, Director, Qadir Ali Baig Theatre Festival.
Dr. Mohan Agashe, The Renowned Actor addressed the gathering and shared information about the Qadir Ali Baig Theatre Festival.
Ms.VaniGanapathy, the Renowned Dancer & Actress said in her keynote address how significant is the festival for the cultural development of the city of Hyderabad.