New Delhi to Mumbai is well-connected by flights and trains alike. Though business travellers generally prefer to take a flight because of time constraints, leisure or budget, travellers must check the list of trains that Indian Railways provide. This will not only be easy on your pocket but you will also be able to explore beautiful locations en route. Some of the best trains plying on this route complete the journey in less than 16 hours and helps passengers to reach the destination overnight. The total distance from New Delhi to Mumbai Central station stretches from 1357 km to 1542 km, depending on the route taken by the train.
Things to Remember:
Both Mumbai and New Delhi have multiple railway stations from where trains originate, so while booking your reservation be careful about your source station and destination station and their codes.
- New Delhi has several railway stations from which trains for different destinations commence. The major railway station in the capital is New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS), near Paharganj.
- Trains to Mumbai also depart from Delhi’s HazratNizamuddin Railway Station (NZM), which is approximately 20 minutes from NDLS.
- The main railway station in Mumbai is ChhatrapatiShivaji Terminus (CST).
- Most trains from Delhi terminate at Mumbai Central (BCT) or Bandra Terminus in the western suburbs.
Best Trains Plying between New Delhi to Mumbai:
In all there are 34 trains that ply in this route including 5 Rajdhanis, 2 GaribRaths, 3 Mail/Express trains, 4 AC Superfast, 3 SamparkKranti, 3 Duronto and 14 Superfast trains. In order to get accurate information or check availability you must visit IRCTC website. It also provides information about Delhi to Mumbai train timings. Some of the best trains in this route include:
- New Delhi – Mumbai Central Rajdhani Express: The fastest train running between New Delhi and Mumbai is Rajdhani Express that operates on a daily basis. The premium train offers decent service and meals are included in the fare. The train is famed for its punctuality and cleanliness. Passengers can choose from 3AC, 2AC and 1AC depending on their budget and requirement. You can check Delhi to Mumbai trains fare for each class and their availability in IRCTC website.
- August KrantiRajdhani Express: The premium train departs from H Nizamuddin Railway Station and arrives Mumbai Central in approximately 17 hours. In this overnight journey, the train halts at 12 stops. The train is known for its on-time record and also offers meals on board.
- New Delhi – Mumbai Central AC Duronto Express: This superfast express runs only two days a week. Meals are included and the train is reputed for its punctuality and cleanliness. Since the departure timing of this train is around midnight, so passengers don’t find it very convenient.
- GaribRath Express: Departing from Nizamuddin Station of Delhi, GaribRath Express is a cheap but fast option. The train offers 3-tier AC sleepers with no frills. Operating three days a week, the train has on-board catering but no pantry car.
There are numerous other cheaper options on this route. You can check the IRCTC website for more details or click on the ixigo train app for an easy navigation and track where is my train and get complete information on Delhi to Mumbai trains.