- Aircel 2G is operating in Anantnag, Bandipora, Shopian, Kulgam, Pulwama, Srinagar, Budgam, Bonigam and Ganderbal
- 3G network continued to be up and running
- Aircel has offered its network to all other mobile service providers through ICR
J&K, September 14, 2014: In a major success, Aircel has restored its 2G services in most part of the Kashmir region enabling thousands of people stranded to connect with their families and friends. Aircel 2G is operating in Anantnag, Bandipora, Shopian, Kulgam, Pulwama, Srinagar, Budgam, Bonigam and Ganderbal. Aircel 3G has continued to be up and running.
The company is working with the local administration and the Army to ensure seamless connectivity on its 2G and 3G network in the region. Aircel has offered its network to all other mobile service operators to help the people of J&K to connect with their families and friends.
In its support to help the stranded people and enable easy communication, Aircel has undertaken following initiatives:
- Mobile charging booths deployed for all stranded, to make calls free of cost.
o The booths are equipped with handsets, sufficient talk-time and mobile charging units to enable free calls.
- Short Code Based application (SEND JK FIND <NAME & LOCATION> TO 1299) rolled out. Wherein subscribers can send details on a toll free number and the same is being FLASHED TO ARMY TWITTER HANDLE @ADGPI THRU TWITTER TEAMS WHO ARE MANAGING ARMY HANDLE. Approx 800 request have been registered in last 24 hours.
- Aircel Credit Facility: As the markets are closed, Aircel Credit is Extended to entire base so as to enable subscriber continue talking.
o Secondly, subscribers can also avail a top up on the loan.
o To Support postpaid subscribers, Credit Limits enhanced upto 150 % to ensure the subscribers continue using their phones. No barring is being done.
- Grace Bucket Movement: All the subscribers from GRACE Bucket have been moved back to ACTIVE bucket without RECHARGE to enable them to start communicating.
- All the renewals on VAS (Data, WAP and VAS) have been put on hold so that the subscribers have sufficient balance for VOICE and they can connect.
The Rescue Teams of Aircel employees are working to evacuate people stranded in flooded areas. Aircel is also working closely with the local agencies and Government’s disaster management groups to render help and support with relief work being carried out. The company is also stocking up relief material like medicines, water, non-perishable food items at their offices.