“Sustained performance in turbulent times”
Q2 FY 2014-15
- Total Business of the Bank as on 30.09.2014 stood at Rs.2,60,012 Crore, recording a growth rate of 13.0% (y-o-y) over Rs.2,30,057_Crore as on 30.09.2013
- Total Deposits as on 30.09.2014 stood at Rs.1,45,084 Crore against
Rs.1,29,343 Crore as on 30.09.2013, registering a growth rate of 12.2% (y-o-y).
- Gross Bank Credit as on 30.09.2014 stood at Rs.1,14,928 Crore against
Rs.1,00,714 Crore as on 30.09.2013, recording a growth rate of 14.1% (y-o-y).
- CASA Depo–sits increased from Rs.30,925 Crore as on 30.09.2013 to Rs.35,361Crore as on 30.09.2014 registering a growth rate of 14.3%.
- CASA Share in Total Deposits as on 30.09.2014 is 24.4% as compared to 23.9% as on 30.09.2013
- Total Income for quarter ended Sept. 2014 was Rs.4,424 Crore, an increase of 15.9% over Rs.3,818 Crore during corresponding quarter last year.
- Interest. Income increased by 15.4% from Rs:3,592 Crore during the quarter ended Sept. 2013 to Rs.4,146 Crore for the quarter ended Sept. 2014.
- Non Interest Income for the quarter ended Sept. 2014 was Rs.278 Cr( e as compared to Rs.226 Crore for the quarter ended Sept. 2013.
- Core Operating Profit for the quarter ended Sept. 2014 stood at Rs.710 Crore compared to Rs.622 Crore during corresponding quarter of previous year registering an increase of 14.1°/0.(y-o-y).
- Operating Profit of the Bank for the quarter ended September 2014 as Rs.745 Crore and Net Profit was Rs.144 Crore, registering a growth of 35°7, Jer June’14. quarter.
|Gross NPA to Gross Advances (%)||5.99%|
|Net NPA to Net Advances (%)||3.86%|
|Net Interest Margin (NIM) (%)||2.93%|
|Return on Assets (%)||0.34%|
|Cost of Deposits (%)||7.80%|
|CRAR (Basel III) (%)||10.22%|
|Earnings per Share (annualized) (Rs)||9.80|
|Book Value (Rs)||150.85|
- At the– end of Sept. 2014 quarter, Gross Non Performing Assets (NPAs) the
Bank were at Rs.6,884 Crore, and Net NPAs stood at Rs.4,316Crore. The Ratio stood at 5.99% and Net NPA Ratio stood at 3.86%
- At the end of September 2014, the Bank had presence in 26 States and 3 Union Territories with a total of 4,249 delivery channels comprising of 2,185 branches, 9 extension counters, 2,020 ATMs and 35 satellite officeS
- We are planning to open 400 Branches across the country during the currentfinancial year in order to improve business and profits.
PRIORITY SECTOR LENDING
- Priority Sector advances of the bank stood at Rs.42,131 Crore at the end of Sept.2014, registering a growth rate of 14.39% (y-o-y). The absolute increase over Sept.2013 is Rs.5,300 Crore. Total Priority sector advances constitute about 37.69% of Adjusted Net Bank Credit as against the norm of– 40% as on• 31.03.2015.
- Agricultural advances of the bank stood at Rs.20,815 C–rore ‘at. the end of – Sept.2014, registering a growth rate of 15.19% (y-o-y). The absolute increase over Sept.2013 is Rs.2,746 Crore. Bank surpassed the .statutory 18% of ANBC under agriculture advances by achieving 18.62% as on 30.09.2014.
- Advances to Micro & Small Enterprises (MSE) of the bank stood at Rs.13,950 Crore at the end of Sept.2014; registering a growth rate of 15.30% (y-o-y). The absolute increase over Sept.2.013 is Rs.1,851-Crore.
- Advances to Weaker sections stood at Rs.14,480 Crore at the end of Sept.2014. Bank surpassed the target of 10% of ANBC to weaker sections by achieving 12.95% of ANBC as on 30.09.2014.
- Total credit extended to Women beneficiaries at the end of Sept.2014 tvas Rs.13,259 Crore comprising of 11.50% of Net Bank Credit, as against the RBI — norm of 5%.
- Bank has extended financial assistance to 223366 Self Help Grokips (SHGs) with total amount outstanding of Rs.4,253 Crore as on 30.09.2014.
- Total credit extended to Minority communities was Rs.5,592 Crore as on 30.09.2014 i.e., 13.54% of priority sector advances as against the norm of 15%.
- Bank has launched ‘ANDHRA BANK KISAN VANI’ by entering into MOU with IFFCO Kisan Sanchar Limited for transfer of technology to the farming community by voice message through mobile phones in 16 fields such as Soil & Crop management, Dairy & Animal Husbandry management, Horticulture & Vegetable management, Plant protection, market rate, weather forecast, employment opportunities, Government schemes etc.
- MSME advances of the Bank increased from Rs.16,560 Crore as on 30.09.2013 to Rs.18,610 Crore as on 30.09.2014, registering a growth rate of 12.4% (y-o-y).
- Number of accounts under Micro Enterprises increased from 2.37 lakh as on 30.09.2013 to 2.55 lakh, i.e. an increase of 7.63%
- The year 2014-15 is treated as Focus MSME year. In pursuit of this and to bring down the Turnaround Time, our Bank has established SMExpress in five places. Viz.at Hyderabad, Chenna.i,, Pune, Coimbatore and Guntur. It is a centralized processing cell for MSME proposals. We -propose to open SMExpress at Murnbai, New Delhi, Visakhapatnam, Karimnagar and Bhubaneswar.Number of accounts under Micro Enterprises increased from 2.37 lakh as on 30.09.2013 to 2.55 lakh, i.e. an increase of 7.63%
- Bank is giving thrust for collateral free lending under the segment consisting of Micro and Small Enterprises coming under priority sector category and covered under CGTMSE scheme.
- RETAIL CREDIT
- The Bank’s Retail Credit portfolio stood at Rs.17,312 Crore as on 30.09.2014 against Rs.14,602 Crore as on 30.09.2013, registering a y-o-y growth of Rs.2,710 Crore (18.6%).
- Housing loans increased from Rs.6750 crore as on 30.09.2013 to
Rs.8,544 crore as on 30.09.2014, registering a growth of Rs.1794 crore (27%)
- Non Agricultural Gold Loans (NAGL) increased from 2562 crore as on 30.09.2013 to Rs.3077 crore as on 30.09.2014, registering a growth rate of 20% (y–o–y).
- Vehicle Loans increased from Rs.484 crore as on 30.09.2013 to Rs.679 crore as on 30.09.2014 registering a growth rate of 40.28% (y-o-y)
- Bank has waived processing charges on various Retail loan products viz., Housing Loans, Vehicle Loans, Personal Loans and Consumer Durables during . festive season from 25.09.2014 to 31.12.2014.
- To boost the Retail Credit Business, Bank has opened Retail Loan Express centers at Hyderabad, tune, Visakhapatnam, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Bangalore, and Guntur and proposes to open at Vij%avv,ada, Tirupathi and New Delhi.
- Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) :Our Bank opened 10.77 lac accounts under PMJDY till 30.09.2014 as against the target of 2.75 lac accounts. Issued Rupay cards to all eligible customers that have opened accounts under PMJDY.
- 1127 villages with population above 2000 and 1,991 villages with population below 2000 have been covered under financial inclusion plan through provision of banking outlets.
- As on 30.09.2014, the sank had 1802 BC agents functioning at the Fl villages.
- 3:91 lac customer transactions at Fl villages through BC agents have taken place during half year ended Sept-14 as against 5.91 lakhs during the entire FY- of 2013-14.
- 155 training programs on Financial Literacy have been conducted by the 11 Rural Self Employment Training Institutes for the benefit of 3,931 candidates during the half year ending Sept-14.
- Implemented opening of –accounts_through e-KYC at all our 2,185 branches and at 903 BC locations. More than 80,000 accounts are opened under PMJDY through e-KYC.
Implementations / enhancements of Customer Centric features / facilities:
- AB e-Pass Book: IT enabled service ‘AB e-Passbook’ is introduced to
enable the account holders to maintain their pass book on their Android devices. ‘AB e-Passbook’ is similar to conventional pass book.
- Account Balance Inquiry on Missed Call: Our Bank developed an in ‘louse service which provides the customers their account balances through SMS against a missed call from the customer to our phone number 0922301130J.
- ATM Locator Facility: Our Bank has developed in house SMS alert facility to inform the nearest ATM details so as to avoid using other Bank ATM in a location where our ATMs are available.
- E-KYC service from UIDAI: For implementation of e-KYC at both POS terminals and Branches, our Bank developed an in house application with which the demographic details of a resident along with photo image will be received from UIDAI server.
IT initiatives to improve operational efficiency:
- Developed an Online Portal for KYC inhouse to enable the branches to update
the KYC details centrally and to facilitate KYC/AML Cell for effective monitoring.
- Developed Legal Records Management System (LRMS) facility for online updation of legal records centrally by the users at Zonal Offices and Head Office.
- Developed ‘AB Sahayata’, an inhouse tool, is a customised net meeting feature such as file and desktop sharing for Windows 7 operating system. Navigation and features are customised similar to Microsoft Net Meeting to make users usage simpler.
Customer Centric Products
- Bank has recently launched premium CASA Products AB EMERALD/DIAMOND & PLATINUM with many beneficial features for the Customers viz. Free of cost . Personal/ Accidental Insurance, cash remittance, personalized cheque book, RTGS/NEFT transactions etc.
- These products were designed keeping: in view the needs of both business community and retail users alike. We have launched a shop to shop marketing campaign to expand our outreach through these–products.
- Card usage increased from Rs.270 crores in the half year ended Sep’13 to Rs.318 crores in the half year ended Sep’14. i.e. increase of 17.78%
- Merchant business turnover increased from Rs.287 crores in the half year ended Sep’13 to Rs.359 crores in the half year ended Sep’14. i.e. increase of 25.09%
- High priority was accorded to up-grade security arrangements at brar. currency chests and ATMs.
- 1671 branches and 1049 ATMs have been brought under CCTV surveillar.
- Installation of CCTV system in remaining branches and ATMs is in progre’
- Integrated burglar alarm system (IBAS) has been provided to 63 vu. sable branches.
- Efforts are on to enhance security measures and minimize crime rate agaiNst our Bank.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
Achieved Rajbhasha Shield First Prize on 12.09.2014 amongst all banks in Hyderabad from Ministry of Home Affairs for 2013-14.