- Ensuring the Highest Levels of Security for Application, Web and Cloud Services
- Adding FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliance, Array bolsters its reputation for superior security, scalability and price-performance and enhances its leadership position for SSL acceleration
BENGALURU, India – November 5, 2014: Array Networks Inc., a global leader in application delivery networking, today announced its FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliant APV6600 Application Delivery Controller (ADC). Array’s FIPS-compliant ADC meets the needs of government agencies, financial services firms, healthcare providers and other organizations where higher levels of security are required to achieve compliance with government regulations and industry-specific mandates.
The Array Networks APV6600FIPS provides enhanced security for SSL traffic by storing, processing, and encrypting both the keys and data in a hardware-secured module. In addition to providing enhanced security, Array’s dedicated hardware encryption delivers superior scalability with support for up to 9,000 2048-bit SSL transactions per second. As SSL becomes increasingly ubiquitous for securing enterprise applications, cloud services and Websites, Array’s FIPS-certified APV6600 provides a means to maintain compliance while cost-effectively managing growth.
“FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliance is a critical step in making Array’s leading SSL acceleration solution available to the broadest cross section of customers,” stated Mr Paul Andersen, Director of Marketing for Array Networks. “We’ve had requests for FIPS not only from end user customers such as government, financial services and healthcare organizations, but also from cloud providers building out dedicated data centers to take advantage of federal business opportunities. With the APV6600FIPS, Array is positioned to meet stringent customer demands in both traditional and emerging cloud environments.”
Support for FIPS further strengthens Array’s market-leading value proposition for customers seeking secure, scalable and feature-rich solutions for aggregating and accelerating HTTPS traffic:
- Security: Unlike organizations that fell prey to Heartbleed, man-in-the-middle (MITM), Shellshock and other recent vulnerabilities, customers using Array’s purpose-built SSL were not exposed and did not require remediation.
- Scalability: Array APV Series physical appliances scale to up 70,000 2048-bit SSL transactions per second, and deliver the lowest cost per SSL TPS on the market from the entry-level APV1600 to the high-end APV10650.
- Features: Advanced certificate handling features such as in-flight certificate challenges, multi-level authentication and server name indication performed at the system level for advanced functionality that doesn’t impact performance.
The Array APV6600FIPS is available which includes dual power supplies and 10 gigabit fiber interfaces.