- Punjab is witnessing a strange contest in all of 117 assembly seats as BJP-Akali Dal, Congress and Aam Aadmi Party are in a fierce fight. Goa will have contest on 40 assembly seats.
- The election will be in a single phase and has to be completed today only
- The Akali Dal-BJP partnership which has been in power in Punjab for two straight times is facing which is ten years and both the Congress a anti-incumbency issues. The Congress and AAP are hoping to reap benefits of it today.
- Congress and AAP has targeted the family politics of Badals and corruption has been a main topic of election for most of the politicians.
- A major contest will be witnessed today between the BJP-Akali Dal’s chief ministerial aspirant Parkash Singh Badal and Captain Amarinder Singh of Congress in Lambi. Sukhbir Badal and Bhagwant Singh Mann will face each other in a high profile election battle at Jalalabad.
- Congress has a positive momentum going in to the election as they got Navjot Singh Sidhu in their party. Sidhu could not convince AAP over his chief ministerial ambitions and Congress capitalized on it.
- Goa has 40 assembly seats where BJP is again looking to form the government despite a breakup with the regional party Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP).
- BJP has been hinting the return of Manohar Parrikar to Goa politics if it wins with majority in the ongoing assembly elections. BJP’s minister and Goa’s very own Manohar Parrikar, was among the first few to case his vote in the morning today.