At least 13 people were killed and a 100 injured after a van plowed into a crowd in the heart of Barcelona on Thursday.
The deadly events began in the early evening with a van plowing through crowds on the renowned Las Ramblas avenue, a popular tourist section of Barcelona.
The Islamic State terror group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Hours after the attack, the Spanish Police killed five suspected terrorists in Cambrils, which is 100 kilometres to the south of Barcelona.
They confirmed that the suspects were planning to target the region in a similar attack. Six civilians and one police officer were wounded by the attackers.
Authorities said of the 80 people taken to hospitals, 15 were seriously hurt in attack .
About 115 kilometers to the southwest, there was a second attack early Friday.
Two people were later arrested, including a Moroccan man whose identification documents had been used to rent the van.
President Trump and other Western leaders quickly condemned the attack and pledged cooperation.
There is no report of any Indian casualty in the Barcelona terror attack, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said who is in constant touch with Indian embassy in Spain.
“I am in constant touch with Indian Embassy in Spain @IndiainSpain. As of now, there is no report of an Indian casualty,” she tweeted.