LASSI a drink made of yogurt which is famous all over the world but lassi is mainly a popular traditional yogurt based drink from the Indian subcontinent. It is a blend of yogurt, water, species and sometimes you can also add some fruits. Lassi contains various types of benefits some are mentioned below:
- Lassi has the same health benefitsas yogurt lassi or dahi can easily reduces acidity in the stomach, improves immunity colonizes the gut with healthy bacteria, helps in digestion and lassi is the kind of drink to keep the internal organs cool during hot summers.
- Lassi is highly rich in calcium, protein, carbohydrates, Vitamin A, B. For those people who suffers with lactose intolerance, lassi is the perfect drink since lactose is converted to galactose and glucose by bacterial action. Lactobacillus, is a bacteria which is present in the yogurt and it is good bacteria for your body it won’t harm.
- Lassi the drink made by yogurt you can also make it with cardamom and cinnamon added to it which improves appetite and keeps your brain in fine fettle.
- Lassi, unsweetened it can also be made by adding a pinch of cumin powder, salt or rock salt to it which is bit spicy in taste but is a powerful coolant and digestive aid. You can also add mint leaves or coriander and chopped onions, it will help to keep you cool when temperature is too hot during the season of summer. Lassi provides maximum benefit when you take it around noon or when you have your lunch. Yogurt is considered heavy, lassi (which is made by blending yogurt and water together) is considered in Ayurveda as easy to digest and also as an aid to digesting food.
- Lassi a drink made with dahiwith crushed rose petals is very cooling and it pacifies Almonds and bhang added in lassi further enhance cooling properties of lassi but be cautious as bhang could make you fall asleep for few hours or may be a day.
- Lassi can be also prepared by adding he pulp of boiled raw mangoes to get double lassi benefit : cooling speciality of lassi and that too of raw mangoes; it helps you protect yourself from sunstroke if you have to go out on hot summer days.
- Lassi which is prepared with curds made in the traditional way, is probiotic, meaning it is full of friendly bacteria (lactobacillus) that helps to reduce cholesterol, improve metabolism and help your intestines to absorb the nutrients easily.
- While preparing lassi Add turmeric powder to your yogurt drink and you will get the benefit of yogurt as well as turmeric, a known anti-carcinogen is very much helpful in a variety of ailments.
- You can also try your yogurt drink by adding some grated ginger to lassi. In addition to the cooling properties of lassi are the benefits of ginger: by having lassi with adding some grated ginger to it can improve digestion, improves appetite, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- People those who are suffering from diarrhoea can consume lassi as a rehydrating drink and also for the purpose of binding stools.
- If you are planning to loose some weight and you are doing a lot of things for the same then you must try having a couple of glasses of lassi after your lunch. You won’t feel hungry throughout the day
- Lassi is a natural and probiotic, full of nutrients and far better than any other beverages.
In Gujarat, Rajasthan and south, buttermilk is churned the butter is skimmed off and the remaining part liquid or chaas, used for drinking you can have it either plain, salted or spiced or with pepper and cumin it is wholly your choice. A spin-off is that this is ideal for those people who are looking forward to control their weight.