Are you hesitating to study abroad due to financial reasons. or you think studying abroad will be heavy on your pocket? Think again! Studying abroad is not that expensive indeed. Wondering how? There are few things you can take care of which can help you lower your financial obligations like Scholarships and Part-time work options while studying abroad.
Yes, that’s right! Many foreign countries let you work while you are studying as an international student there. This helps in supporting your expenses like food & clothing, books and commuting etc. Also, you can apply for Scholarships, there are universities giving up to 100% scholarships to deserving candidates. But you need to be careful with the deadlines for applying for the same as the applications for these scholarships can close a year before the start of the course as well. You may consult any study abroad for the same as they are well versed about the deadlines and the application process.
Many universities also give scholarships on a good IELTS score so be careful how you prepare for IELTS as you may not want to retake often as the exam costs a hefty amount. I preferred to take help from an institute for IELTS and scored decently.
Now let me highlight the benefits of part-time work options.
- Support your living expenses: If you can manage to pay your tuition fee, you can help yourself for the living expenses by working part-time while studying. This will lessen the financial pressure and will be helpful in monetary terms.
- Prepares you for the Work culture: Part-time work opportunities gives you the feel of the work culture of that country. So, in a way you prepare yourself for the full-time job before you actually land into one. By working part-time, you understand the way of working and their work ethics which will help you in your full-time job immensely.
- Improve your language: When you work in a foreign country you meet their locals and some new people with different background this will help you learn a lot from them and improve your language skills. As the more you will communicate the more you will progress.
- Network building: When you work in a company you come in contact of many people at your work front, you may also meet new people during your daily commute. This is an excellent way of expanding your network as when you finally want to start a full-time job this network will help you.
- Gain some work experience: Part-time jobs doesn’t always mean that you will work at any restaurant or store or at a coffee shop only. You just need to be a little extra attentive and you can get into a relevant job into your field only. And while working part-time you can gain some good work experience that will ultimately help you when you enter in to your full-time job as the experience you gained then will help you now. I hope it will helpful for you.