Metabolism is a set of life-sustaining chemical transformations within the cells of living organisms which keeps your body alive and functioning. The higher it is, the more calories you burn and the easier it becomes to lose your weight. You might have inherited your mother’s slow metabolism, but trust me you definitely are not stuck with it. It is not completely under your control, but there are plenty of ways that you can rev it up each day by developing some healthy habits. Here are five ways to increase your metabolic rate.
- Intake of Protein at every Meal: No matter what you are doing, the more muscles you have the more calories you burn. By hitting the gym you build muscles and consuming proteins keeps your gains from breaking down and slowing your metabolic rate as a result. Consumption of 0.8 to 1 gram of protein per kg of body weight per day is sufficient enough to stimulate weight loss.
- Drink More Water: Losing weight doesn’t get easier than this. Drinking water helps boost your metabolism, cleanse your body of wastes in addition to acting as an appetite supplement. The calorie-burning effect increases when you drink cold water. Drinking half an hour before you eat helps fill you up.
- Put on some Muscle: Building muscles can help increase your metabolism as they are more metabolically active than fat. Lifting weights will help you gain muscles and combat the drop in metabolism. About 75% of the calories that you burn each day are being used up just to keep you alive. Since every pound of muscles uses 6 calories to sustain itself, people with more muscle have a much higher “Resting metabolic rate.”
- Go For Green Tea: There is definitely something about green tea that has made it a nutritional showstopper right? Green is undeniably a major metabolism boost. Exercise with green tea will surely boost weight loss. What’s miraculous? The brew consists of catechins, an antioxidant that triggers the release of fat from fat cells.
- Go Nuts: A low-calorie diet that is jam-packed with almonds can help people shed weight. Not only the good monosaturated fats in almonds have an effect on insulin level, but also gives the weight-watcher a feeling of fullness, not allowing them to overeat. Hence, stock up your pantry with almonds, walnuts and nut butter.
It’s time to bid goodbye to every junk and unhealthy food and say ayo to all things healthy and salubrious. Taking small steps by incorporating the above tips in your lifestyle can boost your metabolism making it easier to lose weight.