Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Wednesday , 12 December 2018
Breaking News

Blast at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester killing 19

A powerful blast has occurred in the Manchester Arena few hours ago where it is feared that the casualties may be higher than the reported 19. The arena was beaming with crowd for Ariana Grande’s concert when this terror attack took place.

“Police were called to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena. So far 19 people have been confirmed dead with around 50 others injured. This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise,” Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.

The country is gearing up for snap elections which is due in less than 20 days. Condemning this attack, Prime Minister Theresa May said “appalling terrorist attack”. She said her thoughts were with the victims and families of those affected in “what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack”.

May said the government was working to establish the full details of the incident. Some unconfirmed reports say that the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber. The Pop Star is safe, according to her spokesperson. 

 

The Arena has a capacity of 21,000. 

 

Opposition Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn tweeted, “Terrible incident in Manchester. My thoughts are with all those affected and our brilliant emergency services.”

Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham said, “My heart goes out to families who have lost loved ones, my admiration to our brave emergency services. A terrible night for our great city.”

 

 

The UK’s Network Rail said train lines out of Manchester Victoria station, which is close to the concert venue, were blocked due to the incident and Manchester Police has cordoned off the area preventing further blasts.

 

Comments are closed.

Scroll To Top
badge