Newspatrolling: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) appears to have become increasingly color conscious these days, as it has chosen a wide variety of colors for new currency notes released in recent times. The Rs 2000 currency note, the Rs 500 currency note and other notes, all have a different color. And RBI will soon be adding another color to its stock when it launches the new Rs 50 currency notes. These new Rs 50 currency notes will be launched soon by RBI and one of their most prominent features is that they are blue in color. Actually, it’s more like an aqua-blue, but technically the RBI is referring it as Fluorescent Blue. This is really a striking feature and most people would be waiting to get their hands on these blue currency notes.
The new Rs 50 notes would be released in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series and they will have the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, Governor, Reserve Bank of India. The notes will feature the motif of Hampi with Chariot on the reverse side, which symbolizes the cultural heritage of India. The new note will also have geometric patterns that align with the base color scheme on the front and reverse side. The size of the new note will be 66 mm x 135 mm. However, the new notes will not be a replacement for the old notes. The old Rs 50 notes would continue to be legal tender.
Other key features of the new Rs 50 note:
- See through register with denominational numeral 50,
- Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari,
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center,
- Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘INDIA’ and ‘50’,
- Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI,
- Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait,
- Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right,
- Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks,
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
- Year of printing of the note on the left,
- Swachh Bharat logo with slogan,
- Language panel,
- Motif of Hampi with Chariot,
- Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari.