- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 4 tea-spoons baking powder
- 1 table-spoon lemon zest
- 1 + 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Del Monte dried blueberries
- Lightly brush your 9 inch cake pan with oil/ butter and dust with all-purpose flour. Line with parchment paper. Pre-heat your over to 180C.
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, lemon zest and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until the mixture becomes light and pale, for about 5-7 minutes. Add lemon juice.
- Add eggs, one by one, mixing well after each edition.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three batches, alternating with milk. Do not over mix.
- Using a spatula fold the dried into the batter. Reserve some for the top.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 180C until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. This will take about 30-40 minutes.
By: Del Monte