EdTrIn, the publicly listed platform for online education, has recently expanded its management team.
New faces at EdTrIn include Brian Styles, a former CEO of Programmed Group and senior executive of Drake International and Adecco – all of which are major global HR companies. Brian has joined EdTrIn as Head of Corporate Academies.
One of Australia’s high-achieving industry executives, with over 25 years’ experience in recruitment alone, Brian Styles has broad business and professional experience across a range of industries including business transformation and acquisitions, infrastructure, manufacturing, building and construction, transport, logistics, civil engineering, mining and communications. He has held senior executive roles at three of Australia’s largest recruitment companies: being Chairman, Executive Committee APAC at Drake International; Chief Executive Officer, Programmed Group and Executive General Manager at Adecco, as well as being Executive General Manager at Drake International.
Brian’s most recent role – as Chairman, Executive Committee APAC for Drake International – saw him drive growth and innovation for the company in Australia and New Zealand. Prior to this, as CEO of Programmed Group (Integrated Workforce) for ten years, Brian’s dynamic, results-driven leadership helped propel Programmed Group to its current ASX status, with annual revenue of 1.4b Australian dollars.
Graeme Coomber, EdTrIn’s CEO, commented: “Brian brings a wealth of experience to EdTrIn, along with contacts from around the world.”
Brian joins other recently engaged senior staff at EdTrIn including:
- Steve Maskell, EdTrIn’s Chief Operating Officer (COO). Steve has over 20 years’ international management, marketing and business development experience, working in New Zealand, Canada, South East Asia and Europe.
- Damian O’Sullivan, Chief Education Officer at EdTrIn. A former language teacher and industry training consultant turned multimedia developer and production manager, Damian is the principal business analyst behind Australia’s leading vocational learning management system.
- Richard Xu, EdTrIn’s Chief Technology Officer. A Bachelor of Engineering graduate from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) with first class honours, Richard is now a Master of Computer Science, and holds such qualifications as Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) and Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA).
- Jim Dickson, EdTrIn’s Director UK Acquisitions. A former Development Director at Aston Business School, Aston University, Jim has also worked in a European-centric, not-for-profit organization promoting the development of e-business throughout the IT industry.
- David Patterson, Chief Strategist at EdTrIn. David combines this post with being a Director of Learning Light, a globally recognized e-learning consulting company.