Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Kaiserganj in Uttar Pradesh. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh defeated his nearest rival Pandit Singh from Samajwadi Party (SP) by a margin of more than 77,000 votes. Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh comes from a family with political background and he has undergone many struggles in his life.
Early Life and Education
Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh was born on January 8, 1957 to Shri Jagdamba Sharan Singh and Smt. Pyari Devi Singh. He was born in Bishnoherpur, district Gonda, Uttar Pradesh. His educational qualifications include M.A., LL.B. He received his education at Saket Mahavidyalay, Avadh University, Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh. He married Ketki Devi Singh on June 11, 1981.
Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh got involved in politics at an early stage in his life. One of his first encounters was the fight against the feudal system prevalent in his area. During his college days, Sharan Singh worked towards preserving social values in the society, something that won him the love and respect of people, especially the youth. In the 1990s, he was associated with the Ram Janmabhoomi movement, wherein he worked closely with top leaders such as Lal Krishna Advani.
- 1991: Elected to 10th Lok Sabha
- 1999: Re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 2004: Re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 2009: Re-elected to 15th Lok Sabha (4th term)
- May, 2014: Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (5th term)
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Committee on Absence of Members from the Sittings of the House
- 1 Sep. 2014 – 31 Aug. 2016: Member, Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
- 2014: Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
- 1 Sep. 2016 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Urban Development
Literature has a special place in the heart of Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh. He is also fond of writing, singing, reciting poems and listening to music. In sports, he likes volleyball and wrestling.