If you’re lucky enough a cold or the flu runs its course of time and then you’re back to being healthy. But, if that’s not the case then you might be suffering from Bronchitis that is inflammation of the bronchus (part of our respiratory tract). Its symptoms include coughing up mucus that produces a wheezing sound, shortness of breath and you have the feeling of discomfort in your chest. In Ayurveda they refer to Bronchitis as ‘Kasroga’ and believe it to be caused due to poor digestion.
Listed below are some of the Ayurvedic remedies to aid you from Bronchitis.
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum):
The Holy Basil’s juice is consumed with a teaspoon of honey and ginger juice or you can also make a warming tea with Tulsi leaves in it along with a few fresh slices of ginger and black peppercorns.
- Vasaka (Adhatoda vasika):
Malabar nut or Vasaka is considered to be one of the best remedies for Bronchitis. The perfect way of consuming it is 2gms of vasaka powder add 2gms of sitopaladi churna and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Bala (Sida cordifolia):
It is one of the topmost natural remedies as it contains alkaloid ephedrine. Take 1 tsp of Bala, ½ tsp of ginger, ½ tsp vasa and 5 black peppercorns in two cups of water and reduce it to one cup. Consume this twice a day to cure Bronchitis.
- Long Pepper (Piper longum):
The formula is very simple -mix some long pepper with 1 tsp honey and little onion juice and drink this once daily. It is preferable to consume it early in the morning to cure Bronchitis.
Few measures to be taken to cure Bronchitis:
- The very first step is to stay warm and drink hot herbal drinks.
- Do not try suppressing your natural urges.
- Body massage regularly with warm sesame oil will help you in the proper functioning of the respiratory system, thus helping with the Bronchitis too.
- It is advisable to cover your nose when you’re out in the smoky and polluted atmosphere.
- You can also go for steam treatment whenever you feel irritation in your throat.
Did you know about the importance of Ayurvedic Remedies? Ayurveda is known to be one of the oldest and holistic ways of curing diseases. It helps to balance the bile and mucous thus enhancing the longevity of human life. Ayurveda not only helps in treating hazardous disease but also guides us to maintain a healthy lifestyle; which in turn makes you a better human being too.