For most people who live digital life data loss is a stressful experience for them. You can lose data through a logical data loss process or physical damage done to your hard drive. Let’s learn some useful tips that might help you get your essential data back.
- Using recovery software: You can recover all lost files and a significant portion of formatted data from your crashed hard drive with data recovery software such as Disk Drill, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This software facilitates easy recovery of your only copies of essential documents, assignment files, videos, cherished photos, etc.
Here are the 4 steps you need to follow to recover data from a corrupted or crashed Hard Drive using Disk Drill:
- Start by downloading and Installing Disk Drill for Windows or Mac OS X.
- Launch the recovery software on your PC, choose the file you want to restore and click the “Recover” button.
- The software will perform a quick scan. And if the quick scan does not provide results, a deep scan will help to retrieve over 70% of your lost files.
- After the scanning process is done, all the recoverable files will be displayed on your screen. Select the files you want to recover and save them on your PC and close the program
- If you require any further assistance and help, contact Customer support.
- Recover files from Recycle Bin: If you have simply deleted files on your computer by moving them to Recycle Bin, you can easily restore them. Open the Recycle bin, select and right-click the files you want and choose “Restore”. You will get your lost files back.
III. Restore an older version of the deleted or lost file: If you have emptied the Recycle Bin, you can try to restore an older version of the deleted or lost file by using the free backup and restore feature built into it. The steps are as follows:
- Select and click on the “Start” button à “Computer”
- Go to the folder that used to contain the file. Right-click the folder, then click “Restore previous versions”.
- A list of available previous versions of the deleted files or folders with different times and dates would be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the version you want back and click “Restore” to get back the deleted files.