Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Ø 1 pack, Del Monte Dried Cranberries
Ø 3 cups, cooked rice
Ø 1 teaspoon, garlic, finely chopped
Ø ½ tablespoon, green chilies, finely chopped
Ø 2 tablespoons, lemon juice
Ø 1 teaspoon, lemon zest
Ø ½ cup, finely sliced onions
Ø 1 teaspoon, garam masala powder
Ø 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon, ghee
Ø Salt to taste
Ø 1& ½ inch cinnamon stick
Ø 1 teaspoon, cumin seeds
Ø 6 black peppercorns
Ø 1 bay leaf
Ø 3-4 green cardamoms
- In a Pan, heat ghee and oil together.
- Add all the dried whole spices and allow it to crackle for few seconds.
- Add garlic and fry for another few seconds. Add sliced onions and fry until they are just golden brown (do not burn them).
- Add green chillies, lemon zest, juice and cranberries, sauté for 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add rice and gently mix, cook until all mixed well. They are ready to be served!
- Dish out and serve hot with any curries or tikka, tandoori of your choice.
By: Del Monte