Lehengas are an ensemble for every special occasion. There is no woman who doesn’t love adorning it. The grace and sophistication of this majestic attire can make any woman look like a fairytale princess. This Indian ethnic wear has been a favorite of women of different eras. Tracing back the origin of modern Lehenga to Mughal era, this outfit has evolved in many ways. From a simple lehengacholi worn by women of the 10th century, this dress became a flamboyant apparel for the women of Mughal Era, then women of North India. Centuries after, this ethnic wear continues to evolve as per the needs of modern Indian women.
Ditching the conventional look of a lehenga and ghagara, women are now experimenting with the outfit suiting their contemporary taste and styling ideas. If you are one of those women who want to create a statement with a unique lehenga design, then here is a list of creative ideas you can consider giving your ensemble an extraordinary twist. These changes will make your outfit look one-of-a-kind and make you outshine the crowd.
- Experiment with these unconventional colors: Red is passé and these few new colors are ruling the charts. Be it a bride or a wedding guest, customary colors like red and bright pink are no more their things. They are going for a toned-down version of brighter colors that highlight the glistening embellishments and embroideries of the lehenga and make their ensemble stand out. Ditching traditional colors for the choice of unconventional colors speaks quite a lot about ladies’ bold attitude and love for the subtle hues. Nowadays, brides are setting a trend with unique colors like sage green, rose gold, ivory, pristine whites and greys. Lehengas in such eccentric colors are both glamorous and elegant. These colors are like a breath of fresh air and a unique twist to traditional attire. For a more traditional addon, you can add a maroon dupatta to the dress.
- Mix and Match: For even more outstanding look, mixing and matching is another option. Women these days are not afraid of experimenting. They no more play by the norm and go for safe choices. They like to experiment in quirky ways. Well, mixing and matching takes some special efforts and needs you to go out of the way to find that perfect blouse or a dupatta to go with your skirt. You can create an exclusive ensemble by pairing a kurta with your skirt or make a combination like never before by picking completely distinct designs of the skirt, blouse, and dupatta. If you are looking for some great options, you can buy a new collection of lehengasat Lashkaraa.com, the online shopping portal for everything ethnic.
- Add a belt: Belts are the newest trend in the world of Indian ethnic wear. This unique accessory has become quite a favoriteaddon to traditional outfits. Pairing a waist belt with a Lehenga can give a regular lehengacholi a chic appeal. It doesn’t have to be a matching belt, it can be anything fancy, even a leather belt, to complete this look. It adds a modish charm to lehengas, allowing the wearer to flaunt their waist and curves. Another advantage of belts is that it keeps the ensemble at one place and makes the dupatta easy-to-handle.
- Fancy Sleeves: Another way to take your fashion game up, is to go for an extravagant blouse with fancy sleeves. Poufy bell sleeves are so in. The contemporary style has found its way with ethnic wear too. These elaborate sleeves are everything you want if you are looking for a unique lehenga look. The plus point, you can ditch your dupatta for this breezy look.
- Attach the dupatta as a cape: Capes are the new dupattas. Women have fallen in love with capes and love to pair one with their Indian formal wear. Even Lehengasare no stranger to this style statement. As per the new trends, women are either opting for Lehengaswith cape sleeves or cape top. Also, they are recreating a new one with by converting the dupatta into a cape. Sheer capes with heavy embellishments give the attire a resplendent charm, making it look royal and graceful.
- Wear it with a shirt: For an edgier look, give your lehengas a sexy twist by teaming them up with a formal shirt. This will take your style game several notches up and transform the cliché lehengas look into a snazzy one. For this look, all you need is a lehenga skirt and a formal shirt. A blingy skirt with a plain shirt will balance out the look and give you an ultra-modern look. This is a very bold and edgy style that has been sported by several Bollywood actresses every now and then. Now it’s your turn.
- AnarkaliLehengas: Lehengas usually come with a choli or crop tops. However, there is another way to wear it and look classier. Anarkalikurtas, angrakhas, or floor-length A-line dresses are a trend catching up fast. It adds volume and enhances the majestic charm of the apparel. Together, Lehengas and Anarkalis make a unique and beautiful ensemble that can be worn by women of all shapes. Sometimes, women are not too comfortable with flaunting their curves and body. This is the best option for women who are conscious of their body structure. It gives attire an extra flare without compromising on comfort.
Lehengas are one of the most gorgeous Indian ethnic wear and we all have at least one for all occasions. Now you know you can wear it in more than one way and it doesn’t have to the same old traditional manner. Create your unique statement and set a new trend with these styling ideas. Let us know if you have some ideas to share with us too.