When George Kurtz and Dmitri Alperovitch founded CrowdStrike in 2011, they started the company with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. They saw the inefficiencies and shortcomings of the established products and solutions dominating the cyber market and decided to disrupt the status quo by building an entirely new approach. Based on years of knowledge and a previous role as Global CTO role at McAfee, George envisioned a way to better stop breaches and effectively combat the cyber threats by harnessing the power of the cloud. At the time, the security industry thought he was “crazy” as no one leveraged the cloud to host security data — it was perceived as far too risky and far too disruptive. With relentless drive to innovate and steadfast commitment, CrowdStrike pioneered the first endpoint security platform that is fully cloud-based to break the vicious cycle of ineffective protection and continuous hacks that many businesses and government organizations struggled with.
This innovation disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. CrowdStrike’s ground breaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner.
Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. While many companies fell victims to the massive WannaCry and NotPetya attacks, CrowdStrike customers remained protected with the company’s technology. There is no shortage of validators for CrowdStrike’s success, including explosive global growth with nearly 500 percent growth in new endpoint protection platform (EPP) subscriptions, year-over-year, and the company being called in to investigate the biggest hack in American political history – the DNC attack prior to the 2016 election.
The CrowdStrike Falcon Platform:
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered, next-generation endpoint protection. CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent.
CrowdStrike Falcon provides robust threat prevention, leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) with advanced detection and response, and integrated threat intelligence — to protect against the modern threat landscape. Falcon offers:
- Complete protection into malware and malware-free attacks
- Unrivaled visibility to discover and investigate current and historic endpoint activities
- Ease of use
Falcon Platform has multiple modules including:
- Falcon Discover – IT Hygiene
- Falcon Prevent – Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV)
- Falcon Insight – Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR)
- Falcon Overwatch – Managed Threat Hunting
- Falcon Intelligence – Threat Intelligence
- Falcon for Data Centers
- Falcon Search Engine
- Falcon Spotlight – Vulnerability Management
The CrowdStrike Services Team is divided into two parts: Incident Response and Proactive Services
CrowdStrike Intelligence can be accessed via the platform or as a subscription-based service.
Company Momentum and Growth:
- Company valuation is over $3B following Series E closing in June 2018.
- CrowdStrike has raised over $480 million in funding. The latest round of funding was $200M led by General Atlantic, Accel, and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG.
- In May of 2017 CrowdStrike closed its $100M Series D, led by Accel Partners, followed by a smaller follow-on round. Other investors for this round were CapitalG (formerly Google Capital), Warburg Pincus, March Capital Partners and Telstra, a CrowdStrike customer.
- $100M Series C in 2015: Round led by Google Capital (now known as Capital G). Other investors included: RackSpace, Accel and Warburg Pincus
- $30M Series B in 2013: Round led by Accel. Other investor was: Warburg Pincus
- CrowdStrike has earned leadership rankings from the top three analyst firms – IDC, Forrester, and Gartner, including being named a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant on Endpoint Protection Platforms.
- CrowdStrike has significantly increased its core customer base, and expanded operations aggressively in EMEA and APAC.
- CrowdStrike has over 1000 employees, based all over the world.
- CrowdStrike’s corporate growth and fast-yielding financial performance (data updated Q1 2018) include:
- 500 percent growth in the number of $1 million or greater ACV transactions, year-over-year, including closed the largest ACV deal in company history in Q4 2017
- 129 percent growth in endpoint protection platform (EPP) sensors deployed, year-over-year
- 244 percent CAGR for endpoint protection platform (EPP) customers over the last three years
- More than doubled total contract value, year-over-year
- CrowdStrike has been featured on broadcast and in print on 60 Minutes, CNBC, ABC, CBS, TechCrunch, Forbes, WSJ, Bloomberg, Inc., Esquire and many others.
- AI 100
- SC Magazine 2017 Best Security Company
- Forbes Cloud 100
- Fortune/ Great Place to Work Best Place to Work in Technology
- Fortune/ Great Place to Work Best Mid-sized Workplace
- 2017 CNBC Disruptor 50
- 2018 CNBC Disruptor 50
- SC Europe 2018 Best Enterprise Security Solution
- Cybersecurity Excellence Award 2016 and prior
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Inc 500 America’s Fastest Growing Companies
- Forbes Most Promising Companies
- MIT Tech Review 50 Disruptive Companies
- CRN Tech Innovator Award for Endpoint Security
More than 15 percent of the Fortune 1000 companies and 20 percent of the Fortune 500 worldwide leverage CrowdStrike’s technology and services.
- 12 of the 20 Fortune largest global companies
- 10 of the 20 largest financial institutions
- 5 of the top 10 largest healthcare providers
- 7 of top 20 largest energy companies
- 7 of top 10 largest employers
- 7 of the top 10 largest technology companies
Disclaimer: it is common practice to give a customer a heads up if a reporter asks for a customer reference, so please refer any journalists looking for customer information to our website: https://www.crowdstrike.com/customers/
- State of Wyoming
- Zebra Technologies
- Globe Telecom