The fastest way to get Nicotine into your system is through Cigarettes. Center for Disease Control estimated that about 480,000 premature deaths can be attributed to tobacco abuse in the US which contributes to 1 out of 5 deaths. At the least, 30 people are struggling with one serious medical condition which is caused due to tobacco. Here are some of the deadliest consequences of smoking which calls for the urgent need to stop the habit of smoking.
- Tar with nicotine deposits travels to the lungs after just one inhale of cigarette. It latches on the lungs and travel to the brain. And this whole process just takes 20 seconds to occur. It increases the risk of developing psychiatric disorders and cognitive impairment in future.
- During pregnancy, the surgeon warns against the use of nicotine as it affects fetal brain development. Also, it increases the risk of sudden infant death syndrome a.k.a “Cot death.” Additionally, it can raise the risk of stillbirths and preterm pregnancies. Women smoking during pregnancy gives birth to babies possessing low weight.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists says that it can lead to hypertension, obesity, diabetes, infertility, neurobehavioral defects and even respiratory failure.
- Cardiac arrest is another consequence of nicotine in the human body. This is due to the release of a hormone that increases the pace of one’s heartbeat elevates one’s sugar level, blood pressure and also quickens one’s breathing. Therefore, it causes strain on the heart which eventually leads to a heart attack or stroke.
- The University of Louisville research team revealed that nicotine makes the human body susceptible to inflammations and infections. Nicotine tends to destroy the healthy cells in our bodies such as WBCs which actually defends the body against infection and disease. And this results in weakening the function of the immune system making the body prone to diseases.
- Your teeth and overall dental health also gets affected by the increased consumption of nicotine. Not only it causes discolouration and yellowing of teeth, but in the long run results in thinning of the gum. It results in exposure of the roots to bacteria in the mouth. They easily penetrate the roots and infect the gums. The most feared thing is, it results in bad breath due to Debilitation, weakening the foundations of the teeth.
Whatever said and done, it is tough to curb the habit in a day. What needs to be done is cutting down cigarettes and smoking as less as possible which will eventually help you to leave it completely.