18 year old Jayant Darokar was shocked when he found a dead rat inside coconut Chutney served on Tuesday morning.
A student from IIT Delhi said, “By the time I found it many had already eaten the Chutney ” Darokar wrote on his Facebook post.
He then informed the mess supervisor and blamed for mistake. He pointed out that even hostel mess was not in good condition and wanted the administration to consider this matter seriously.
Anand Sangwan , the house secretary, Amandeep Singh , the mess secretary of the hostel met with the warden and other officials and discussed the irresponsible behaviour, poor hygiene and infrastructure conditions.
IIT director Ramgopal Rao informed that a committee of three wardens has been formed to investigate and report soon.
“I can assure you that some people in the mess where the incident took place are going to lose their jobs .In the last one year we have been continuously renovating the hostels and the messes. It is taking time as the only time window we get for renovations is two months,” he told the students on social media.