Dharmendra Kumar is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Aonla in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Kumar is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). During the 2014 general elections, Dharmendra Kumar defeated his nearest rival Kunwar Sarvraj Singh of Samajwadi Party (SP) by a margin of more than 1.3 lakh votes. Kumar got 4,09,907 votes whereas his nearest rival Singh got 2,71,478 votes. Dharmendra Kumar has been in mainstream politics for more than two decades now. Prior to being elected as an MP, Kumar had also been a member of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly for two terms. He was also a minister of state in the government of Uttar Pradesh. Throughout his political career, Kumar has worked for the welfare of the masses.
Early Life and Education
Dharmendra Kumar was born on June 01, 1968 to Shri Mahendra Pal Kashyap and Smt. Kumar Dai Kashyap. He was born in Khandhar Pur, Dist. Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. Kumar has studied up to metric level and received education at G. B. Pant H.S.S. Rampuria, Bareilly. He married Soraj Kashyap on February 20, 1986.
- 1995 – 2000: Member, Area Panchayat
- 2000 – 2002: Member, District Panchayat
- 2002 – 2012: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly (two terms)
- 2003 – 2007: Minister of State, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- May, 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Dharmendra Kumar remains committed to helping the poor and marginalized sections of the society.