Celebrity Hairstylist Jen Atkin for Moroccanoil®
Overall Inspiration: “To complement the ethereal, iridescent fabric of Diane’s dress and gorgeous earrings, I wanted to create a modern version of retro waves. Diane’s hairstyle is soft and elegant.”– Jen Atkin
- Beginning on damp hair, apply Moroccanoil Root Boost directly to roots and use fingers to pull product throughout the entire head. Next, from mid-lengths to ends, apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and comb through to distribute evenly. This helps create the foundation for volume and texture.
- Next, section-by-section, blowdry hair using Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Brush for a soft and smooth finish.
- Once hair is fully dry, spray hair with Moroccanoil Luminous HairsprayMedium for memory and soft hold.
- With a ½” barrel curling iron, curl 1” sections of the top of hair and set with 2-prong clip to maintain strong curl structure.
- Once the front is set, spritz the back of hair with Moroccanoil Luminous HairsprayMedium and curl 1” sections with 1” barrel curling iron for retro waves.
- Remove front curls and gently brush out curls with Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Brush.
- With Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron, smooth top of hair and lightly backcomb mid-lengths to ends to give a soft, ethereal vibe.
- Finish with a light mist of Moroccanoil Frizz Control for a veil of shine