- Option of choosing from 3 covers: only content, only building and building, content and cash cover
- Only three main details needed before purchase: property type (owned/rented), pin code and sq. ft area of the shop
- Customised sum insured based on the nature and size of your business
Bengaluru, 21st October 2020: Digit Insurance, on a mission to make insurance simple in India, is offering shop insurance for businesses to cover their contents and structure . The insurance provides coverage for shops of different sizes and the product currently offers covers under three main categories:
- Contents only,
- Building only
- Building, content and cash cover
Digit Insurance’s shop insurance offers a plan for every type and size of the business, for both renters and landlords of commercial properties offering the option of customising the sum insured based on the nature and requirement of the business. Further to buy this product, all that a customer needs to provide is the property type details (owned/rented), pin code and the sq. ft area of the shop.
Benefits of the Product:
- In case of a fire, lightning and explosion, the shop owner or shopkeeper would be covered for the content, for the structure and also for any cash in the safe or counter
- In case of a natural disaster like storms, floods and earthquakes, the shop owner or shopkeeper would be covered for the content, for the structure and also for any cash in the safe or counter
- Also, a burglary cover can be taken with this proposition to cover the contents inside the shop
Vivek Chaturvedi, Chief Marketing Officer, Digit Insurance, said, “Small and medium-sized shop keepers work hard to sustain their livelihood. With COVID-19, Indian shopkeepers and retailers have already gone through hardships and are even facing financial challenges. Hence, our philosophy behind curating this product was to protect shopkeepers of all business categories from an unexpected loss to the property and contents due to fire, explosion or any natural disaster. This is in our own small way of helping the economy get back on its feet.”
The claims process is paperless and can be completed through a DIY smartphone-enabled self-inspection if the claim amount is up to 1 lakh.
Digit Insurance has also launched an online Do-It-Yourself (DIY) advisory tool called SME Buddy, to help SMEs and start-ups calculate the coverage required for their businesses. For more details of the policy, customers can visit the website of Digit Insurance: https://www.godigit.com/property-insurance/shop-insurance