India Inc. along with FICCI, Invest India and Chase India to spearhead the programme exploring the potential of India US collaboration on making Digital India a reality
New Delhi, 3rd December 2014: India Inc. (www[dot]indiaincorporated[dot]com) along with FICCI, Invest India and Chase India is organizing a “Digital India programme”, a series of online and offline activities pivoting around two conclaves in New Delhi and Washington DC. The first conclave of the Digital India Programme is on 5th December 2014 at Longchamp Hall, Hotel Taj Mansingh, New Delhi.
The Narendra Modi led Indian government officially clicked through the ambitious Digital India programme a few months ago. The vision is simple: to usher India into the digital age where each and every citizen can experience the impact. But this simple vision will require a lot of hard graft and investment towards the right kind of infrastructure.
As a bridge between this vision and reality, India Inc. has created its own Digital India initiative which ties in with the India-US Partnership Hub to bring a series of online and offline programmes. It will explore the Digital India vision and trigger dialogue to plug into this bold new programme.
This online-offline integrated programme brings in perspectives and participation from senior policy decision makers within government and industry around a discourse to achieve the following objectives:
• Identify the challenges and opportunities in the Digital India initiative
• Identify synergies that can be created between industries and the government to successfully implement the initiative
• Explore how the India US collaboration could help achieve the Digital India vision
• Involve key stakeholders in defining a roadmap that will lead to a truly Digital India
• Produce a series of online and offline activities to facilitate discourse culminating in a bespoke online publication
• India is finally coming of digital age and we aim to provide an incisive new digital hub for this new age.
A key aspect of this initiative is our first Digital India Conclave to be held in New Delhi on December 5, 2014. The conclave will bring together around 100 -150 key stakeholders across government/public sector, the private sector as well as think tanks, media and specialist experts.
The conclave is in association with Amazon.in, Google and Qualcomm is supported by TCIL and NIXI and is the first phase of the programme which will bring together around 100 -150 key stakeholders across government/public sector, the private sector as well as other influencers such as think tanks, media and specialist experts. The several sessions will focus on the prominence of the Digital advancement across sectors and the requirement to streamline digital with the core business in order to take the Digital India vision to fruition. The second conclave will be held in Washington, January 2015.