India has turned out to be a lucrative market for all business that are abroad based. and similar is the story of car manufacturers. Over the past decade, the number of cars in India has risen exponentially and so has their business also grown. And with the economy growing and people willing to splurge on cars, manufacturers are happy to bring their latest international offerings to the country.
But these manufacturers not always sells these cars with the same name as they have outside India. The reasons are various such as, registration, brand’s performance in the past, etc.
Below are some cars that have been renamed for the Indian market:
- Suzuki Splash renamed as Maruti Ritz
- Nissan Versa renamed as Nissan Sunny
- Suzuki Cultus renamed as Maruti Esteem
- Isuzu Panther renamed as Chevrolet Tavera
- Ford Everest renamed as Ford Endeavour
How many did you know 😉