Young, charming and radiant is what all of us want to look but pollution, harsh weather, sun and unhealthy lifestyle choice leaves no stone unturned in leaving harsh effects on our skin. They give unwanted Age Spots, Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Sagging Skin and Dullness making us look nasty and are totally distasteful and unwelcomed.
Whereas, Beautiful Skin is always In. Youthful and glowing skin is something that we want to maintain as long as possible. So, here Dr. Nivedita Dadu, Founder and Chairman, Dr. Nivedita Dadu’s Dermatology Clinic explains how to peel those years off and stave off aging skin:
- Lifestyle Choices: Our lifestyle choices have a direct influence on our skin. The food we eat, hours we sleep and the way we wash our face, all these slight selections can end up leaving visible signs of aging even more than our sequential age. It is very important that we ditch bad habits like smoking and drinking and consume healthy foods like green vegetables and fresh fruits. Along with this, stay hydrated and drink ample amount of water for clear skin.
- Start Consuming More Vitamins: For beautiful skin include vitamins in your diet. Vitamins C and E are advised as they have anti-aging antioxidants. Vitamin C is one of the key ingredients found in most of the anti-aging skincare products while Vitamin C is an important part of collagen and ensures skin’s elasticity.
- De-stress Yourself: Stress definitely leaves a harmful impact on skin and our hair as there is a chemical response in our body. There is a release of certain hormones that make our skin age faster than normal and even makes it oilier. Therefore, it makes it essential to make conscious efforts and indulge in activities like yoga, meditation and exercise to avert skin aging.
- Treatments: There are several treatment options available in the markets which have really effective results on the skin. Some of them are as follows:
– Derma Roller: In this treatment, hundreds of microneedles that are present on the surface of the roller are used to kindle the surface of the skin. This results in the development of many tiny injuries on the skin, which fuel the release of growth factors and lifts the collagen making your skin fresher and better.
– Anti-Wrinkle Injections: These are the injections that lower the capability of selective muscle movement, which in turn facilities the appearance of expression lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth over time to reduce wrinkles.
– Dermal Fillers: These fillers are an injectable treatment that reinstates youthful volume to your face that has become thin due to various reasons. It is also popularly used for lip augmentation and complete profile correction of the face.
– Thread Lift: It involves elevating different parts of the face using special threads without having to make surgical incisions as with a classic facelift.
– PRP Therapy: It’s a revolutionary repair system which uses patient’s blood based on the principle that your own body has the potential to naturally heal and slow down the process of aging.