Dr. Acharya is the Founder & CMD of Videonetics. He is a Scientist, Technologist, Inventor and passionate Entrepreneur. He is a Fellow of IEEE, INAE, IETE, etc. After more than 2 decades in US with illustrious professional career, he returned to India with his vision to build and mentor Global technology companies from India.
At Videonetics, he pioneered ‘Intelligent Video Analytics’ and Intelligent VMS technology for IP video surveillance.As a Principal Engineer in Intel Corporation (USA), Dr. Acharyaco-archiected the first webcamfrom Intel. In addition, he lead R&D teams to develop VLSI algorithms for Electronic Imaging, reprographics architecture for color photocopiers, scanners, multimedia architecture for 3G cellular telephony, etc. in Intel Corporation, USA.
Dr. Acharya is recipient of following prestigious awards:
- National Academy of Science in India (NASI) – Reliance Platinum Jubilee Award for innovation in Physical Sciences in 2009
- 1st Acharya P. C. Roy Memorial Award for Distinguished Achievements in Science and Entrepreneurship from Institute of Pulmocare & Research in 2010
- Engineer of the Year award from IEEE Phoenix, Arizona in 2008
- Outstanding Engineer award from IEEE Southwest Region, USA in 2008.
- Most Prolific Inventor, Intel Corporation in 1999, and in 2001
- Most Prolific Inventor, Intel Chandler, consecutive 5 times (1997-2001).
Dr. Acharya is inventor of more than 150 patents. He contributed to 100+ technical papers, and authored four books:
- Image Processing: Principles and Applications (Wiley, 2005),
- JPEG2000 Standard for Image Compression: Concepts, Algorithms, and VLSI Architectures (Wiley, 2004),
- Information Technology: Principles and Applications (Prentice-Hall, 2004),
- Data Mining: Multimedia, Soft Computing and Bioinformatics (Wiley, 2003).
He served in AT&T Bell Lab, University of Maryland at College Park, Arizona State University, IIT-Kharagpur, Intellectual Ventures, collaborated with Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, Kodak, and other institutions.
Dr. Acharya is an entrepreneur with advanced forward-thinking technology vision. Innovation is his passion. His current research interests are in Image Processing, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition for enterprise applications, VLSI signal processing, biometrics, multimedia computing, multimedia data mining, and VLSI architectures and algorithms.