In the list of top-10 bestselling cars for the month of January 2017, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has grabbed eight slots among the top 10. The list of top-10 bestselling cars for January 2017 applies to the domestic passenger vehicle market. With this new achievement, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has improved its position in the Indian car market. It may be recalled that in the January 2016 list of top-10 bestselling cars, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) had grabbed 6 slots among the top 10. Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) is inching ever closer to grabbing 50 percent share of the market in this specific segment. The data on the top-10 bestselling cars has been published by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
Maruti’s Alto has been listed at the number one spot, with sales of 22,998 units in January 2017.
- Second – Maruti Dzire with 15,087 units
- Third – Maruti Wagon R with 14,930 units
- Fourth – Maruti Swift with 14,545 units
- Fifth – Hyundai hatchback Grand i10 with 13,010 units
- Sixth – Hyundai Elite i20 with 11,460 units
- Seventh – Maruti Celerio with 10,879 units
- Eighth – Maruti Baleno with 10,476 units
- Ninth – Maruti Vitara Brezza with 8,932 units
- Tenth – Maruti Omni with 8,723 units