The inability to reproduce even after several attempts by the prospective parents is a major problem in today’s world. Infertility is a problem that has been troubling numerous lives of modern couples in today’s times and it certainly requires to be tackled. It has been significantly swelling over the last few years because of the sedentary lifestyle choices and unhealthy habits. Such problems are generally triggered due to several contributing factors and can often be very distressing and disturbing.
One of the very significant factors that disrupt the whole process of fertility is Lifestyle or the regular unhealthy practices that a person undertakes in their daily life. While a person faces reproductive problems, it is a mandate to keep a track on their lifestyle and ensure that it is healthy. One should certainly inculcate the habit of going for regular workouts and consume a balanced diet. A healthy body shall fundamentally help in speeding up the process of conceiving.
Some super foods that one must accommodate in their diets to boost their fertility levels:
- Full-FatIce Cream: It is a very much proven fact that it is very indispensable to consume whole fats while you are trying to conceive and what’s better than an ice-cream. These whole fats ensure that the ovulation takes place properly in the women’s body. However, while you are trying to conceive, do not consume ice-cream in large portions as it can eventually result in increased weight or obesity.
- Garlic: Garlic is a fertility-boosting spice and is augmented by the presence of an antioxidant, Selenium. This antioxidant really helps in enhancing the sperm movement which upsurges the odds of conception when consumed on a regularly. Garlic also maintains the estrogen balance in the body and thus supports fertility.
- Nuts and Dry Fruits
Dried fruits and nuts are a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Nuts have high amounts of selenium, a mineral that declines chromosomal damage in eggs. This shall definitely help in boosting the fertility levels are the damage shall be reduced due to the presence of Selenium. This antioxidant keeps away free radicals and enhances egg production in the human body. Always eat a handful of nuts and dry fruits with whole fat milk every morning to boost your fertility levels.
- Green Leafy Vegetables:The green leafy vegetables are a rich source of folic acid and vitamin C which helps in improving the process of ovulation. The benefits instilled in green vegetables help in making good quality of sperms and also decrease the chances of miscarriage and genetic abnormalities. Vegetables like spinach, broccoli, kale, fenugreek must be included in the diet for greater results.
- Dairy Products: The dairy products are generally rich in calcium, good fats, and vitamin D. These products are essential for improving the fertility levels in couples who want to conceive faster. They nourish the body wholly and help in conceiving faster. Greek yogurt, butter and whole milk are important to consume.
- Eggs:As we all know, Eggs are a very good source of vitamins which are imperative to boost fertility levels. The presence of Omega-3 is also a source that improves the level of fertility and Choline reduces the risk of some birth defects. Always try and amalgamate eggs in your breakfast.
BY: Dr. Rita Bakshi, Senior Gynaecologist and IVF Expert, International Fertility Centre