Shri Nitin Gadkari, Shri Harsh Vardhan, Shri Rajeev Pratap Rudy and other key ministerial dignitaries, join India Inc’s Naina Lal Kidwai, Harsh Mariwala, Harpal Singh among many others for the 7th edition of the Global Sankalp Summit
April 9-10, 2015, Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi
8 April, 2015: Sankalp Forum, an Intellecap initiative, plans to bring together over 1,000 delegates from across the world to Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi to discuss the future of innovation, entrepreneurship and investing to create a more inclusive economy.
The Summit is being organized this year, in partnership with leading Industry Association the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).Notable amongst this is the participation of over 120 high profile dignitaries, speakers and collaborators that include top policymakers, diplomats, corporate leaders and entrepreneurs.
The annual Global Sankalp Summit is one of the world’s largest inclusive development conferences for entrepreneurs, impact investors and development practitioners committed to tackling problems of inequitable growth and achieving inclusive development. It enjoys the distinction of being perhaps the only platform to bring together these diverse stakeholders in the region. As Director-Sankalp Forum at Intellecap, Aparajita Agrawal says, “Sankalp is about creating a collaborative platform that showcases the power of entrepreneurship and innovations in driving inclusive development. With the active support from over 40 partners, we have been successful in actively engaging large corporates and governments in to a discourse that has been largely led by entrepreneurs and impact investors. Transformative scale can only come about through disruptive collaborations.”
This year the Summit theme is focused on Fueling the Innovation Economy: Role of Government, Private Sector and Capital. From Swach Bharat to Jan Dhan Yojana and skill development, the conference delegates will discuss and debate, amongst each other and with key government representatives. 19 high impact, unique and scalable business models working at the cusp of impact and business will also present their businesses to investors and compete for the coveted Sankalp Award recognition and cash prize of USD 40,000.
Along the sidelines of the Summit, a social innovation exposition, organized in partnership with Industry Partner FICCI, will showcase about 200 global innovations and sustainable business models.
A list of select attendees and speakers follow:
- Shri Nitin Gadkari, Hon Union Minister of Road, Transport and Highways
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Hon. Minister of Science & Technology
- Shri Manoj Sinha, Hon Minister of State for Railways
- Shri Rajeev Pratap Rudy, Hon’ble Minister of State, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
- Dr. Jyotsna Suri, President FICCI
- Ms Naina Lal Kidwai, Country Head, HSBC
- Mr Richard Verma, US Ambassador to India
- Shri Harkesh Mittal, Advisor & Member Secretary, NSTEDB
- Mr. Arun Maira, Ex Member, Planning Commission, Government of India
- Mr Harsh Mariwala, Chairman, Marico
- Mr Harpal Singh, Chairman Emeritus, Fortis Healthcare
- Mr Satya Bansal, CEO India, Barclays Wealth
- Mr. Sunil Wadhwani, Founder, iGate and Founder Donor, Wadhwani Initiative for Sustainable Healthcare (WISH)
- Dr. Carol Dahl, Executive Director, Lemelson Foundation
- Mr Karma, CEO – SAARC Development Fund