An overview of top trends in the construction industry for 2019
With every year, there are new changes in the construction industry, especially with the rapid development of construction technology (ConTech). As the end of year approaches, GenieBelt had a look at most exciting areas in construction and selected top noteworthy trends you should expect in 2019.
- Augmented Reality – benefits from using augmented reality in construction processes are becoming more obvious. AR is seen to have even more potential in construction than virtual reality.
- Data ecosystem – the emergence of a construction data ecosystem where all the innovative players of the industry will come together and share data, experience and project knowledge.
- Construction software – real-time collaboration software is already regarded as an essential component of the entire building process. Nevertheless, its impact on the sector is expected to increase substantially in the near future.
- BIM – is one of the hottest construction trends already. BIM technology could be the catalyst for a fundamental change in how we manage, design and develop a construction project.
- Increased prefabrication, modularization, and eco-friendliness – there have been growing trends towards multi-trade prefabrication, off-site construction (a.k.a. modularization) and as a result improved eco-friendliness in construction processes.
Among other construction trends in 2019, we noted – self-healing concrete, drones, robotics, cloud and mobile technologies, advanced uses of GPS, new scanning solutions, wearables, and others.
You can find a full and more detailed list of construction trends 2019 by visiting GenieBelt blog.
GenieBelt – real-time construction management software with an aim to help you build better. With HQ in Copenhagen (Denmark), GenieBelt has also offices in Lodz (Poland) and London (UK).