- 44%growth in PAT during the current quarter. Up from Rs.71crore in Q3FY18 to Rs.102.5 crore during the quarter
New Delhi, 21st Jan 2019: GHCL, India’s leading Chemical & Textile Company, today announced its financial results for the third quarter of financial year 2019.
Commenting on the financial performance, Mr. R S Jalan, Managing Director, GHCL said, “We are happy to deliver result better than expectations. PAT for the Quarter has grown by 44%, with highest ever EBITDA in a quarter. We benefitted from higher realizations due to price increase in Soda ash in last 2 quarters. The Textile segment has also shown growth due to a higher volume, stable Rupee and change in GHCL’s perception in the market place to offer High Quality and innovative product line. Soda ash production is higher due to some benefit of ongoing brownfield expansion. “
Q3FY 19 VS Q3 FY 18(Standalone Performance)
- The Revenue for the quarter is Rs. 875crore as compared to Rs. 738 crore of Q3FY18 registering a growth of 18%.
- The EBITDA has registered a robust growth of 33% moving up from Rs. 158 crore in Q3FY18 to Rs. 210 crore during the quarter, which is highest ever for any quarter.
- The Profit after Tax increased by 44% i.e. Rs. 102 crore during the quarter compared to Rs. 71 crore of Q3 FY18.
Business Segments (Q3FY19 VS Q3FY18)
- Inorganics Chemicals division’s revenue grew by 11% to Rs. 551 crore in Q3FY19 as compared to Rs. 497 crore in the corresponding quarter in FY18. This was mainly due to increase in the realization of Soda Ash along with higher trading and Consumer Product sales.
- Home Textiles business revenue grew by 34% to Rs. 324 crore in Q3FY19 as compared to Rs. 241 crore in the corresponding quarter in FY18 primarily due to higher volumes and better realization.