You must have heard always people saying alcohol is bad for health and how it damages our body. I don’t know about other alcoholic drinks but beer is something that is really beneficial for our health. Today I would like to throw some light on how drinking beer can actually boost our health.
- Prevents heart diseases: Italian researchers found that moderate beer drinkers had a 42 percent lower risk of heart disease compared to non-drinkers. For maximum protection, keep your consumption to one pint—at around 5 percent alcohol by volume—a day, the researchers say.
- Healthy kidneys: A Finland study found that beer had more kidney benefits than other alcoholic drinks; each bottle of beer that men consumed daily lowered their risk of developing kidney stones by 40%.
- Fights sleeplessness/insomnia: Beer contains lactoflavin and nicotinic acid, both of which promote sound sleep
- Keeps high blood pressure at bay: Beer can lower your risk for hypertension, research suggests. In one study, Harvard researchers found that moderate beer drinkers are less likely to develop high blood pressure than those who sip wine or cocktails.
- Stronger bones: According to a study, people who stuck to one or two brews had up to 4.5 percent greater bone density than non-drinkers—but more than two beers was associated with up to 5.2 percent lower density, according to the study.
So, what are you waiting for. Take that beer bottle out of your fridge and beat this heat of Delhi with some ‘healthy’ chilled beer!!