In a relief to salaried people and those with interest income, the government will be introducing new ITR-1 SAHAJ form from tomorrow, which are said to be much simpler and less confusing than their predecessors. Moreover, the process of filing income tax returns online has also been simplified. Here’s how you can file your income tax returns online, under the new simplified process introduced by the government.
- If you are not already registered, you need to register yourself on the tax filing website of the income tax department. You will be required to fill your details including your PAN number and Aadhaar number.
- After filling your personal details, you need to fill details about the taxes paid by you. Once this is done, the TDS will be generated automatically.
- You can now fill the form online, or download a soft copy and fill it electronically.
- Once the form is filled, you need to upload it along with the required documents.
- Once you submit the form and all documents, you will get a confirmation message that your income tax return has been received.