Some of the best and easiest things to grow in a mason jar are herbs. They not only look absolutely delightful but also add unmatched freshness in your food. Below is a step-by-step guide on growing herbs in mason jars and make your food taste like never before:
- Start with a layer of rocks: Starting with a layer of rocks, gravel or even marbles about 2 inches deep in the bottom of jars will prevent roots from damage from excess water.
- Add soil: In this layer, you may also add plant fertilisers which will ensure a healthy growth of your plants
- Plant the small wonders: Once you are done with layering rocks and soil, its time to plant the seeds into the jars. Your may grow herbs, such as, basil, cilantro, mint, parsley, etc.
- Label them: These will not only make your mason jars look all the more cute and attractive but also help you identify them easily
- Maintenance: Place jars in a location that receives at least 6 hours of sunshine a day (windowsill, counter top, etc), but enjoy the ease with which they can be moved around. Keep herbs watered, but do not over-water.