New Delhi, Oct 27 (IANS) Amid reports of fresh Chinese troop build-up, the Congress on Friday asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi if the Doklam agreement had been “breached”.
“PM claimed restoration of status quo ante as on 16 June. Satellite imagery disproves. National Security endangered?,” said Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala on Twitter, attaching a news report of ‘The Print’ carrying a headline “Chinese troops are amassed near Doklam plateau, satellite images show”.
“Did Prime Minister keep the nation in the dark? What were the exact conditions of ‘disengagement’,” he asked.
Surjewala said: “Has Doklam agreement been breached ? What is the threat assessment made by Modi government vis-a-vis presence of Chinese troops?
“What happens to the ‘chest thumping’, ‘red eyes’ and claims of ‘victory’ of Modi ji?” Surjewala asked.
The External Affairs Ministry on Friday dismissed the media report of fresh Chinese troop build-up in Doklam and said that status quo remains in place.
Post Source: Ians feed