During this quarantine there are many things that are beyond one’s control, but the eating habits are not indeed. People who are in home-quarantine want some comfort food during this pandemic situation, but well balanced and nutritional foods must be the part of the equation indeed to stay healthy. If you often order foods online via different portals, then give some rest to your dialling fingers and digital wallet by preparing some tasty sensations right in your home kitchen during lockdown. To prepare Healthy Food Items you don’t need to be a kitchen staff or master chef. All you need is creativity and some basic ingredients which you can easily find in your pantry. Let us have a look at some of the healthy meal options that you may eat during home quarantine and stay healthy in such pandemic situation.
Canned beans are the versatile kitchen staple suggested to most of the patients as they are rich in fibre, minerals and vitamins. This means it is very filling indeed. It is the healthiest source of protein and there are many ways you can integrate canned beans in your meals.
You can top the sweet potatoes with canned beans and salsa, peppers and onions or you can add white beans to pesto and pair them with sautéed vegetables. You can also make Buddha Bowl using canned beans and some greens, healthy grains and roasted vegetables. No matter how you consume the canned beans, it will be beneficial for your health always. You can order it online using Swiggy offers to get some discounts on its price.
Salmon or Tuna
When we talk about Tuna fish, most of the people start thinking about tuna fish sandwiches. But there are many other nutritional benefits that one can enjoy with canned tuna or salmon. Experts suggest that canned wild salmon is the affordable option of good quality salmon. Canned tuna or wild salmon can be used on salads to enjoy a quick meal which is truly filling.
There are many different ways to consume canned tuna or salmon. Apart from using it in salads, you can also make tuna patties or salmon burgers and season them with your favourite spices and herbs. Top the baked potato with canned salmon or tune and sautéed vegetables to have fulfilling meal.
Smart Snacks for Quarantine
Boring or stressful time can lead to limitless sessions of snacking during quarantine. Snacking is not a good option indeed, but it is not totally a no-no option for people as there are smart hacks that can revamp the snacking routine during quarantine. Some of the healthier snacking options include:
- Air-Popped Popcorn – Popcorn is the favourite snack to kill the boredom. But microwave popcorns must be avoided as it is loaded with sodium, chemicals, Trans fat and fat. The best option is to purchase popcorn kernels and affordable popcorn popper and air pop the peppercorn. Add some salt-free seasoning and toss it with some chocolate chips and peanuts to have the crunchy treat.
- Nuts – Unsalted nuts are always prescribed to patients when recovering from illness. People who struggle to maintain balanced protein level in body can make use of unsalted nuts. Nuts can be in any form and you must ensure to take perfect single serving to have the required protein dose daily.
- Single Serve Hummus – Hummus is the healthy snacking option that is rich in fibre and it is truly filling. Single serve hummus is the best snack. But you must ensure to pair it with fresh vegetables instead of pita bread for a satisfying, filling and quick snack.
What Should be Added in Grocery List?
In order to avoid stress eating you must not just shop on the fly. Instead, you must pen down their grocery list and stick to it. The best items and Food Supplement to be added in your grocery list are:
- White Rice
- Frozen Meals
- Frozen Pizza
- Protein Shakes
- Nutritional Supplements and Drinks
- White Flour Pasta
- White Flour Tortillas
- Canned Beans, Tuna, Wild Salmon
- Frozen Chicken and Turkey
- Frozen Berries
- Frozen Vegetables
You can find all these items online from any grocery stores. You can buy them online at discounted rates as there are Swiggy and Freshmenu offers that can help people to buy the grocery items at discounted and affordable rates. So, eat healthy and stay healthy during quarantine to strengthen your immunity and combat against the COVID-19 pandemic.