Emerges as 2014’s highest market share gainer with 3% increase in share
- HMSI totalDecember’14 sale of348,737 units, HMSI growth at 18% vs. 6% of industry
- HMSI Dom market share reaches 27% in December’14
- Honda is No. 1 in terms of additional two-wheeler units sold in Dec’14 vs. Dec’13
- Honda is 2014’s highest market share gainer in domestic market share (3% up) with consistent demand growth
- Launches the new motorcycle CB Unicorn 160; Market availability starts from mid Jan’15 across India
Manesar, January 03, 2015:Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) – the Only Honda in Indian 2wheeler industry,signed-off an eventful and action-packed 2014 with yet another stellar performance in December’14.
Sales performance: December’2014
Hondaenjoyed a productiveDecember’14, clocking sales of 348,737 units against a corresponding figure of 296,243 units soldin December’13.
Sales performance: April –December, FY’2014-15
Honda’s domestic market share stood at 26% by the end of December’14. With this, Honda has become the Bigger Gainer of 2014 in terms of market share.
Honda grew at 24% in April-December’14 that is nearly double the pace of two-wheeler industry.
Honda also launched the much-awaited new HondaCB Unicorn 160 in December’14, powered by the latest 163cc mid-sized advanced Honda engine.
With its latest offering, Honda is set to reignite its relationship with India’s youth population that demands best-in-class performance delivering premium riding experience with improved fuel efficiency. TheHonda CB Unicorn 160 will be available starting January2015.
Promoting road-safety was yet again high on Honda’s priorities, with the launch of a unique “Dream Riding” initiative which empowers females to learn safe two-wheeler riding in a single day. The initiative has received an overwhelming response with over 2500 registration for the same within one week time. The program is being conducted in Honda’s traffic park at Baba Kharak Singh Marg and Roshanara Bagh in Delhi, and is being conducted till January 13, 2015.