- RETAIN :
– Leadership with Activa (India’s No.1 selling ATSC), CB Shine (No.1 125cc motorcycle) in top 10 selling models
– No. 1 brand position in Top 35 towns of India
- EXPAND :
– Production capacity by 39% in 2 years – new 4th plant with 12 lac units new capacity by fiscal end
– Network by 800 sales & service touch-points for larger rural brand footprint
– Last mile rural customer support with 20 Mobile service van and 825 Service on wheels
- CREATE :
– New segment in Indian industry with revolutionary model– preview in Auto Expo’2016
– Future readiness by bringing line flexibility of 8 lac units
– New premium distribution format in 20 cities for flagship model CBR 650F
Mumbai, May 6, 2015: Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) – the ONLY Honda in Indian two-wheeler industry today gave a glimpse of its future readiness and previewed what customers can expect from Honda in the financial year 2015-16.
Honda is operating at peak capacity levels at all its 3 existing plants. The start of operations at the new 4th plant – World’s biggest scooter plant will give new production bandwidth to Honda by January 2016 leading to total sales of 47 lac two-wheelers in FY’15-16.
At the cusp of its biggest transformation yet, Honda has announced its “RETAIN.EXPAND.CREATE” strategy which will make Honda future ready to grasp the opportunity of selling to 64 lac customers by 2016.
Elaborating on Honda’s strategy for fiscal year 2015-16, Mr. Keita Muramatsu –President & CEO, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. and President, Honda Motor India said, “We will focus our synergies to RETAIN and consolidate our existing leadership position in Automatic Scooter & 125cc Motorcycle Segment. Expanding to meet future demand in India – a focus market for Honda globally, we will significantly invest in fortifying our production capacity to 64 lacs units, networks to 4600 outlets and last mile rural penetration. In its challenging spirit, Honda will create new benchmarks in it’s new products offering. On the cards are nine new upcoming models, one of which will revolutionize the Indian two-wheeler industry and create a new segment by itself.”
Adding to the market and product plans, Mr. Yadvinder S Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt, Ltd. said, “In FY’14-15, we have grown more than double of industry and sold 44.5 lac two-wheelers last year, which is also our best-ever performance in India. In fact, Honda alone contributed 60% to the 11.8 lac volume increase by industry. We have carried the same momentum into FY’15-16 by becoming the highest market share and volume gainer in April. The product roadmap for 2015 is robust with nine new products remaining to be launched in this year. For our flagship model CBR 650F, Honda is innovating by