The business world is extremely competitive. It is quite easy to get left behind and forgotten if you don’t pay attention to your customers. One of the key areas in which you need to focus is getting new customers. Doing so requires proper focus on lead generation. One of the best ways to generate new leads is through websites and social media. So, do you want to generate leads from your website? Since lead generation provides businesses with new customers, it should be every company’s top priority. As most companies now have their own websites, and a strong digital presence, the best place to look for potential customers is online. WordPress is a great place to start your search as it is one of the most widely used CMS out there. WordPress development companies around the world are constantly trying to improve themes and widgets so that their users can use these facilities to generate leads. Hence, here’s a look at how to develop your WordPress website so that you generate new leads.
What is Lead Generation?
Lead generation is essentially, any tactic used by a company to generate genuine interest for their product. Research shows that over 70% of the people who visit your website, may never view it again. Hence, when getting repeat customers are so difficult, lead generation is what helps companies convert visitors into potential buyers and interested consumers. It basically allows companies to communicate with their consumers openly, encouraging discussion and conversation. This creates a sort of buzz for your product, which serves as a great tool in inviting further potential buyers. Everything from asking customers to visit your Facebook page to adding them to your mailing list acts as a method of improving your leads.
Tips on Lead Generation
- Whether you are a blogger or a large corporation, lead generation is how you ensure you have a large audience for your products and services.
- Since generating new leads take quite some time, top WordPress development companies like Xornor Technology suggest companies to start the process immediately. Every minute you delay the process results in loss of potential customers.
- Try to use dynamic widgets and forms such as Floating Bars wherever possible as they help in attracting easier, when compared to textual information.
- Instead of guessing which options will work, make use of A/B testing to understand your audience and what they expect from you.
- Always utilise multiple plugins and forms to maximise your effort and generate maximum leads.
How to Generate Leads Through WordPress
Top WordPress development companies like Xornor Technologies know that lead generation is important because it helps in generating customer interest and curiosity. Here’s how to get started generating leads on WordPress.
- First and foremost, you need to have a self-hosted website on WordPress.
- In case you don’t have a website yet, build one yourself or contact a top WordPress development company to have one tailor-made for you.
- Next, sign up with a good email marketing service provider or vendor, who specializes in sending out bulk marketing emails in order to boost engagement.
- Companies can also make use of secondary lead generation software such as OptionMonster or WPBeginner plugin.
- One of the easiest ways to generate new leads is through commenting on posts. Use an option that allows you to re-direct your customers to a new page as soon as they are done posting their comment. This could be any sort of page, such as a thank you note, a page offering discounts or maybe even one that re-directs to a new product or service. To activate this option, try using Yoast Comment plugin.
- Furthermore, you can enable comment subscription to make sure your customers are notified whenever a new comment comes up. This not only helps in increasing the average number of page views, but also helps in boosting your engagement rates.
- Contact forms serve as another great way to build leads. However, most of these require complicated plugins to function or cannot be integrated with the chosen email service provider.
- Plain email subscription boxes seldom make users want to give you their email ID. Therefore, the best way to make sure new visitors leave you their email ID is to use pop-ups and responsive toolbars.
Applications like OptinMonster help you analyse your users with ease. Their exit-intent technology allows you to track and analyse your user’s mouse movement, which makes it easier for you to understand when they are about to exit your website.