A huge fire broke out at Lok Nayak Bhawan in the heart of Delhi, which houses many government offices.
At least 26 fire engines were sent to the spot to put out the blaze.
Fire Department officials said all the people who were inside when the fire broke out were evacuated from the building.
The fire was allegedly sparked by a short circuit in an air-conditioning unit on the fourth floor and it spread rapidly.
Thick smoke was seen coming out of the building, which is next to Khan Market, a popular shopping complex in central Delhi.
The building has many government offices including Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Income Tax (IT).
There no reports of any casualties so far.
The Lok Nayak Bhawan is located on Tughlaq Road.
Some employees were reportedly trapped inside the building and were later rescued by the fishermen.
Some reports suggest that the fire started on the fourth floor of the building.
Fire officials say that they had received the first call at around 4 pm.
In few minutes the fire then spread to the fourth floor, as the building has a lot of wooden partition.
Delhi’s Fire Chief is also present at the spot.
The fire brigade department had also deployed three heavy lift cranes to douse the flames.
Meanwhile, the fire authorities have not given any official statement but some reports suggest that a short circuit may be the cause of the fire.