- To tap young change makers, nurture ideas into reality
- Focus on Education, Health, Energy Conservation, Security and Financial Inclusion
- Seminal Finals at Hyderabad
- Total grant of INR 12,50,000
- Supported by Bank of Baroda and Andhra Bank
Hyderabad, December 20, 2014: IndiaFirst Life Insurance, a JV company between Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank and UK-based Legal and General, targeting to identify young change makers with innovative ideas and the zeal to create change, announced the launch of “Happy India” – a social change initiative for children in the age group of 11-16 years.
Today, at Hyderabad 45 teams brought in the 45 projects to make India a better place a live.
The teams were from different schools – Sankriti, The School, Rosary Convent High School, Laurus The School of Excellence, Unique High School, The Indo English High School and NRI’sIndian Springs. There will be 2 to 4 students in each team.
Today’s competition at Hyderabad was judged by –
- Mr. K Venkateshwarlu, Zonal Head Sec’bad – Andhra Bank,
- Ms. Rohini Reddy, Director – Shriram Monessori,
- Ms. Shyamala Sagar, Co-ordinator – Shriram Monessori
- Ms. Shesikala Chowdari, National Head – IndiaFirst Life Insurance.
Mr. Mohit Rochnali, Chief Marketing Officer – IndiaFirst Insurance Co. Ltd. said “We are extremely thrilled to launch Happy India as we complete five years of service to the country. India is witnessing winds of change. The new government is already implementing a series of initiatives to make India better – right from financial inclusion to ‘Make in India’ to ‘Swaach Bharat Abhiyaan’. And now here is an opportunity to give students a chance to be part of this change by not just demanding it but actually ‘creating’ it.”
Happy India aims to search for Young Change Makers and support them in implementing their ‘Ideas for Change’. The total number of participants were over 20,000 students from over 500 schools across 15 cities.
Young minds identified social issues that bother them and presented ideas on how they plan to solve these issues. IndiaFirst Life in turn, will support 25 best ‘ideas for change’ with a grant of INR 50,000 each enabling these young change makers to create the change they dreamt of.
The initiative is being supported by Bank of Baroda and Andhra Bank, while the validation and process authentication is being overlooked by KMPG, the Knowledge Partners.
“Our endeavour is to involve the future generation in the nation building activity. We hope this small step from IndiaFirst will lead to a giant leap for the nation as we will see hundreds of schools participating” added Mr Rochnali.
These 25 best ideas for change will also be mentored by industry stalwarts – innovators, social scientists and authors during the entire implementation phase and they include prominent names like Pramod Lele, CEO – Hinduja Hospital, and Tamal Bandyopadhyay, Sr Editor, HT Media.
IndiaFirst will hold a Happy India national conclave in February when the 25 teams will showcase their projects to the audience of corporate honchos, key public figures and media. .
The efforts of these students will also be imprinted in the ‘Young Change Makers’ compendium jointly created by IndiaFirst and Shristhi Publishers, inspiring future change. The compendium will also feature the Mentor’s perspective on the idea i.e. its impact post-implementation and ways in which this idea can lead to building a Happy India.
- Project Idea Presentations: December 20, 2014
- Final 25 Projects announced: December 22, 2014
- National Conclave: February 7, 2015
About IndiaFirst Life Insurance
Headquartered in Mumbai, IndiaFirst, with a paid-up share capital of INR 475 crore, is one of the country’s youngest life insurance companies. It is promoted by two of India’s largest public sector banks – Bank of Baroda and Andhra Bank along with UK’s leading risk, wealth and investment company Legal & General. Bank of Baroda holds a 44 percent stake in IndiaFirst, while Andhra Bank and Legal & General hold a 30 percent and 26 percent respectively.
IndiaFirst believes it can differentiate itself through simple, easy to understand products that are fairly priced and efficiently serviced.
Today IndiaFirst Life is present in over 1000 cities and towns across the country through 6000 partner bank branches. The company has covered over 2.7 million lives and have over INR 7.500 crore of AUM as on September 30, 2014.
Journey So Far
- One of the fastest growing life insurance company in the country. Moved from 23rd position to 8th position amongst private life insurers.
- Defied industry trend – grew by 28% in terms of new business premium at the end of FY 2013-14
- Over Rs.7,500 crore of AUM – ensuring superior risk adjusted returns. Have consistently outperformed our benchmark indices
- Over 2.7 million lives covered
- Wide network with 6000 touch points across 1000 cities and towns
- Over 31 awards won in a span of 5 years including three consecutive Celent Asia Awards
- Ranked amongst the Top 100 Great Places to Work