The Indian Cricket Team posted an impressive 603-9 against Australia in the Third Test that is happening in Ranchi. There were few records created by the team while amassing this score. Take a look at them below:
1. This is the 6th instance where India has scored more than 600 runs against Australia with the highest being 705-7 decl at Sydney in Jan 2014.
2. Ravindra Jadeja became the fourth Indian to hit a 50 and take a 5 wicket haul in the same test. The others were Rusi Surti, Kapil Dev an Zaheer Khan.
3. The 199 partnership between C Pujara and W Saha is the 7th highest partnership versus Australia in Tests. The top partnership record is being held by the pair of R Sharma and R Ashwin for having scored 280 in Kolkata,2013-14.
4. By scoring 202 facing 525 deliveries, C Puajara surpassed the longest haul innings which was earlier held by R Dravid who face 495 deliveries in scoring 270 versus Pakistan at Rawalpindi in 2003-04. The last instance a player had faced more than 500 deliveries against Ausstralia happened in 1964 where Ken Barrington faced 624 deliveries while scoring 256 at Old Trafford.
5. The longest innings by C Pujara has eclipsed Team India facing just 444 deliveries in both the innings of the First Test in this series.
6. W Saha’s third century makes him to trail only behind MS Dhoni who as a wicket keeper has scored 6 centuries.
7. There are 11 India players who has scored 1000+ runs against Australia in tests with Sachin Tendulkar leading the pack with 3630 runs in 39 tests. C Pujara now has 1044 runs in 11 tests.
8. In total, India has played 210 overs which is the 4th Longest Test Innings for India and the second longest in the last 55 years.
As they say, records are meant to be broken, isn’t it?