Data capacity is almost 2x in consolidated circles
Highlights for the Quarter
- Q2 Revenue declined 3.8% QoQ impacted by seasonality and floods in key markets.
- Strategic initiatives have started to reflect in our performance, with daily revenue increasing month-on-month in both September and October 2019.
- Synergy realization on track with ~75% of the synergy target achieved by Q2FY20.
- Network integration completed in 14 circles, driving significant network speed improvement. Orissa, Karnataka, Rajasthan and Kolkata circles integrated in Q2; 78% of districts now consolidated.
- Fastest 4G network in circles of Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal as well as in Sikkim and Chennai according to Ookla. 4G speeds continue to improve, notably in consolidated circles.
- Deployment of ~55,000 TDD sites by Q2FY20 to augment data capacity; Massive MIMO rollout remains the largest in India.
- LTE 900 rollout expanded to 8 circles, with launch in Haryana and Madhya Pradesh during Q2.
- Following the Hon’ble Supreme Court judgement on the AGR matter, the Company has recognised a charge of Rs. 256.8 billion in the financial statements.